• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boxes Mutilated in the Mail
2 2

41 posts in this topic

Funny story - My son moved to a small town in Alaska, and he told me today (while we were unwrapping presents via video chat call) that the local Posties have commented to him on how well I put my boxes together to withstand the rigors of shipping. (The last leg of the journey to Thorne Bay is by ferry or float plane, depending on the weather.)

Now, I realize nothing is 100% proposition (DR.X does a great job, from what I can see), but you can drastically reduce the odds of damage by demonstrating some care in packaging, buffering, taping, etc.

Another funny story is that one of my presents today from my son-in-law was wrapped like one of my postal mailings, with all edges sealed in multiple wraps of tape. It took me quite a while to cut all the tape and actually get into the packaging. I think he was sending me a message......., lol