• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating longshot975
5 5

111 posts in this topic

I bought four books from this thread and paid on 11/30

The books arrived on 12/8

The books arrived damaged.  They were shipped media mail in a bubble mailer with a thin piece of a priority box on each side.

The damage to the books is all in the same spot.

I have tried to return them for a refund but longshot975 insists I have a case of buyers remorse and the poor packaging did not cause the damage.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.52fc2de2e0ea3e105788e5107dc64fed.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.893e8ef6aaeebda985e01f00947bedd7.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.abce7672345697392e57f4dc455b68d4.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.945c0239b0d7a2286273115c3cf18c78.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.2d26e1da97dacf65d893751e83c1169d.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.f0e429995728d8ab59f3e7493131b31d.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.ef475b8c98eda6e8d1225e5420c6b408.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.d57d3796025698bbf9e910de8006003c.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.0c741d2b31155a723a8199d4ce9628a1.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.1debff96faa723da5993ce5415fce6f4.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.469c2b895bfb5a18fad5f22af99e7fe0.jpeg

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6713.JPG

Some discussion here in Comics General:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/516124-general-question/

And just in case it gets locked, here's the initial post by @longshot975

On 12/8/2022 at 10:58 PM, longshot975 said:

Not blasting another boardies name on here. But let just say seller has items insured, never had issue with postal office items were sent from or way sent. Buyer never optioned for shipping preference, then the same day books arrive buyer claims damage to books, images of items are suspicious (all damaged in same spot) and ask buyer to give me a day to investigate. See about filing claim, then buyer demands a partial refund or full refund without giving me ample time to view damage. Consult the shipping partner or anything else. Is it just me or does this just sound like buyers remorse after the fact, especially when buyer has purchased from seller before. Items were shipped and packaged same way with no complaint.

It certainly looks like the lack of packing materials (and not using a box for that many books) is the cause of the damage. I hope both parties can get this resolved.

Everyone dont buy from me or not it was not lack of packing because the packaging was not open at the top when it was left at USPS.  The damage he shows on the books appear as the books were forced or pulled out and that is from a thumb doing so. Timmay did not start any of this even contacting me until days after USPS showed the item as being delivered to him which now he states a date that USPS showed as later then they showed it delivered on my end.  Fact is buyers remorse he got over $400.00 books for well under $200, Iron Man #9 variant even in poor ungraded condition is more then the price he paid for all books. |And instead of contacting politely he just went in stating straight out it was my fault and he wanted a full refund.  Would not give me time to contact or file a claim with USPS or even view images.  And every sales thread he kept placing "Dont ignore me in", causing loss of business so if someone chooses to put me on probation list they should him as well, because he has bought before and specified he wanted them shipped a certain way and it was done that way is it the sellers fault he was trying to get books and shipping as cheap as he could this time and now Im being targeted instead of admitting he messed up.

You keep wanting to blame me, well done Timmay but I contact every buyer and ask how they would like item shipped and they specify how.  Timmay never did with these books and I was already taking losses on S/H charges, fees and the books themselves because he was lowballing the prices on the books. But again if he ends me on probation list that is fine because he is just one buyer and a repeat one on that has left positive feedback before. 

On 12/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, longshot975 said:

Everyone dont buy from me or not it was not lack of packing because the packaging was not open at the top when it was left at USPS.  The damage he shows on the books appear as the books were forced or pulled out and that is from a thumb doing so. Timmay did not start any of this even contacting me until days after USPS showed the item as being delivered to him which now he states a date that USPS showed as later then they showed it delivered on my end.  Fact is buyers remorse he got over $400.00 books for well under $200, Iron Man #9 variant even in poor ungraded condition is more then the price he paid for all books. |And instead of contacting politely he just went in stating straight out it was my fault and he wanted a full refund.  Would not give me time to contact or file a claim with USPS or even view images.  And every sales thread he kept placing "Dont ignore me in", causing loss of business so if someone chooses to put me on probation list they should him as well, because he has bought before and specified he wanted them shipped a certain way and it was done that way is it the sellers fault he was trying to get books and shipping as cheap as he could this time and now Im being targeted instead of admitting he messed up.

Books shipped on 12/6 and delivered on 12/8.

I PM'd you about the damage on 12/8

And I paid you $280, not under $200.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of any of this.

I am not taking a loss that big, someone else may choose to but I cant right now.

Timmay has bought before and knows how items were shipped and could have contacted me if he wanted that many or those particular books shipped a certain way, HE DID NOT

He never would even give me a chance to inspect any images and some of what he is including in his probation nomination were not even sent to me by him but put in the thread, which warrants some concern there as well.

As I stated buy from me or not its no loss for me. I can keep my own stuff or share it with community to purchase. Its no direct loss to me, eitherway.

On 12/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think the concerning part about this situation is that books were damaged and you are refusing your customer the possibility of a return. I think for the sake of this being a Nomination, we'll probably need to know if you are flat-out not refunding the money, or that you are going to make the effort to work your way through it.

On 12/22/2022 at 2:25 PM, longshot975 said:

I am not taking a loss that big, someone else may choose to but I cant right now.

I did see that - I was hoping that he may clarify that he has got a claim into USPS and that the money will eventually be refunded, or he has a change of heart and will honor the refund. It certainly doesn't sound like it - but hey, it's Christmas. Maybe he can dig deep and see the customer service aspect of this situation.

On 12/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I did see that - I was hoping that he may clarify that he has got a claim into USPS and that the money will eventually be refunded, or he has a change of heart and will honor the refund. It certainly doesn't sound like it - but hey, it's Christmas. Maybe he can dig deep and see the customer service aspect of this situation.

I'm not seeing a lot of responsibility being taken for poor packaging, other than blaming the buyer for it ???

On 12/22/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ryan. said:

I'm not seeing a lot of responsibility being taken for poor packaging, other than blaming the buyer for it ???

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. Hoping for the best, but I imagine Timmay's option now is to take it up with Paypal. Hopefully he was not in a F&F situation on that payment.