• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2022 - Post before the end of the year

14 posts in this topic

At the beginning of every New Year, CAF celebrate the best collected works of the prior year, with the annual Best Of competition.

Even though the submission process doesn't begin until January 7th 2023 (or sooner), your artwork must be submitted to your CAF Gallery in 2022 in order to participate in the Best of 2022. It can be in any Gallery Room in your CAF Gallery, but it must be added to CAF before midnight EST this Saturday, December 31st. So get your art posted before New Years!

When the Best Of 2022 selections start you will choose from any of the pieces in your CAF that you uploaded during 2022. Best Of selections will start January 7th at the latest, where you will choose your entries from existing artwork in your CAF Gallery. On that day we'll announce instructions for how to do this.

Best of 2022 Timeline:

Dec 31st at Midnight EST - Deadline to Post Art to Your CAF

Jan 7th or sooner - Posting Entries Begins

Jan 15th at Midnight EST - Posting Entries Ends

Jan 16th - Voting Starts

Jan 30th at Midnight EST - Voting Ends

February 7th 9pm EST - LIVE Awards Presentation on YouTube

This year's categories include:

Published/Unpublished Comic Book Covers

Published/Unpublished Comic Book Splashes, Title Pages

Published/Unpublished Comic Book Double Page Splashes and Spreads

Published/Unpublished Interior Panel Pages

Published/Unpublished Comic Book Pin-Ups, Illustrations, Trading Cards 

Published/Unpublished Strip Art

Published/Unpublished Commissions/Recreations

Unpublished Sketch Covers/Convention Sketches

Published/Unpublished Media artwork (Music, TV, Movie)

Published/Unpublished Non-Comic Covers, Pin-ups, Illustrations, Gaming Art 

Published/Unpublished Other

Get your artwork posted to CAF ASAP! Don't delay!

On 12/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, Brian Peck said:

Reminder, less than two days left to post your artwork in your CAF galleries to be eligible for entry in the Best of 2022.

Where on caf do we post our 5?

On 12/30/2022 at 6:16 PM, G.A.tor said:

Where on caf do we post our 5?

On 12/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, Brian Peck said:

Though the submission process doesn't begin until January 7th 2023. 

Your artwork must be submitted to your CAF Gallery in 2022 in order to participate in the Best of 2022. It can be in any Gallery Room in your CAF Gallery, but it must be added to CAF before midnight EST this Saturday, December 31st. So get your art posted before New Years!

On 12/31/2022 at 10:55 AM, G.A.tor said:

Doesn’t answer my question (I had already read that post)  but thanks anyway 

I wondered the same thing. I am not a premium member so I don't think it applied to me anyways, but the description of how to enter your pieces was not terribly specific. Thanks to @alxjhnsnfor the tip!

On 12/31/2022 at 2:41 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I wondered the same thing. I am not a premium member so I don't think it applied to me anyways, but the description of how to enter your pieces was not terribly specific. Thanks to @alxjhnsnfor the tip!

I’m not a premium either. Maybe you have to be ?

On 12/31/2022 at 2:41 PM, Dr. Balls said:

All you can do at the moment is just post to CAF, you can't enter your pieces yet anyway. I imagine when the submission period starts details about how to actually enter would be given. If those details were given now people would probably be posting "How come I can't see the submission button on my pieces???"

Also I don't think it's limited to premium members

After the first of the year I will post more information on how to enter the Best of 2022.

Right now everyone who wants tp enter must have posted their selections in any of their comicartfans galleries. As stated above:

"Best Of selections will start January 7th at the latest, where you will choose your entries from existing artwork in your CAF Gallery. On that day we'll announce instructions for how to do this."

Message me with any questions.

Edited by Brian Peck