• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 Needs grading and other High End Wolverine comics

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I have a box of about 50 comics that could probably use grading. I have Hulk 181, Nabisco Variant, etc. Several of the Wolverine Mini Series 1-4, etc. I have been holding onto these and not getting them graded because the cost seems SO HIGH!! I first have to get a membership? 25$, then play what seems to be at least $80 + other fees to have any comic graded? I could understand getting the Hulk 181 graded, but almost every other book is around the $50 - $400 range. Is it worth sending them in? 

I have these from my fathers estate. Check out Seller Porkchops12 on Ebay for over 300 sales 3 years ago with my fathers collection. I kept all books above 50$. 

Basically is it worth it for me to grade books? Is there an easier way? I live in Oregon too - so not close to any large shops. 

Cheers, 

Haz

If your thinking about sending in a bunch of books, you may want to look into the upgraded membership (not the $25 one). 

The Hulk 181 is probably a no brainer to have graded. The ROI of a raw vs graded is there. The rest will really depend on condition. 

Assuming you are going to be reselling these, you'll want to get comfortable with grading, then determine the cost difference between graded and ungraded to see the ROI. 

Wolverine 1 is hit and miss. NM /NM+ copies are probably worth it.  VF / NM it's probably not worth the time, energy and cost.  A pre-screen, might be a beneficial service... wolverine 2 -4 your really fishing for 9.8s. 

You can look at eBay sold to ballpark graded vs raw prices, of course the condition is huge as a factor 

but do some math and use own preferences to decide for yourself which books are “worth it”, it’s extremely subjective for each individual situation.

if you want grade estimates or to learn to grade better, dig around these boards, there’s a subforum for that