• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2023 collecting goals?
4 4

51 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2022 at 8:25 AM, tth2 said:

I'd like to win a comic, any comic.  It's been so long since I won a comic I don't even remember what it feels like.

Not sure you're missing much.  It takes a couple weeks for the posterior to recover. :eek:

No particular goals except to pick up PCH that appeals to me when funds and availability meet. It's a timing thing! I don't worry too much about winning any auctions these days, rather just enjoying what I have since a good part of it I couldn't currently afford, if I were to have to buy it again today. :-)

Same goals. Add and upgrade my Captain Comet Strange Adventures set. I seem to have some sort of OCD with this run, just can’t stop lol. Will likely end up letting it all go at auction eventually though. Also my Deadman run, but I think I’m done there as it’s super tough to upgrade what I have now. Just don’t come across the books I need in higher grade.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:43 AM, Terry JSA said:

Get myself an All-American #16. But if I can’t get that, then I’ll just settle on getting myself an All Star Comics #8.

I swear that book (AA16) more or less never comes up for sale, and if it does it’s usually buy it now with a big price, like the one on eBay. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more attainable .5-1.5 hit an auction.

Edited by LDarkseid1

1) To be ready, when that book/collection falls into my lap this time. (I'm set)

2) I hope to find a couple more Bakers. (It might happen)

3) An extensive GA one owner childhood collection that a gentleman 40 years my senior purchased new off of the drugstore rack a couple at a time every Sunday afternoon after church services. (Hey, a guy can dream can't he?)

On 12/29/2022 at 8:30 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I swear that book (AA16) more or less never comes up for sale, and if it does it’s usually buy it now with a big price, like the one on eBay. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more attainable .5-1.5 hit an auction.

There was that one boardie who showed off his lower graded AA 16 on here a few years ago. It was just placed in a plastic sleeve, I wonder if he ever got it graded. He said he would keep it long term.

For a long time I've been wanting to go about building an "artist type set" where I have at least one comic book representing each known GA cover artist. It isn't something I will be able to complete in one year or even ten, but I do hope to add some books with covers by artists who aren't represented in my collection yet.

Edited by jimbo_7071

So on the GA side of the house, I'm focused on high-grade inexpensive Planet Comics.  Since those don't exist, I'll have to focus on high-grade, high-cost Planet Comics.  I need 11 issues betwixt 49 and 73 so I'll try to score some targets of opportunity.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I was able to track down a few people who had one in their possession and none of them wanted to let it go. I seen the CBCS 4.0 AA #16 that Comic Warehouse had listed on eBay for $225k and thought that was a ridiculous price.

On 12/29/2022 at 5:53 PM, Dark Knight said:

There was that one boardie who showed off his lower graded AA 16 on here a few years ago. It was just placed in a plastic sleeve, I wonder if he ever got it graded. He said he would keep it long term.

Who is this boardie you speak of? :shiftyeyes: