• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2023 collecting goals?
3 3

100 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2022 at 3:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol if all 11 are pedigree, that would be cool, I hear a lot of people say the current pedigree label really "pops!"

I'm not a fan of how the Pedigree label looks so I was trying to ask CGC if I could just pay for a custom label with the Pedigree noted (they said no), then I asked if I resubmit for a new holder if they could re-serialize the numbers so they would be XXX001-XXX011 (they said no again). So I am not sure which direction I will I go, lol.

On 12/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, DougC said:

I'm not a fan of how the Pedigree label looks so I was trying to ask CGC if I could just pay for a custom label with the Pedigree noted (they said no), then I asked if I resubmit for a new holder if they could re-serialize the numbers so they would be XXX001-XXX011 (they said no again). So I am not sure which direction I will I go, lol.

Damn.  I was going to say it would be cool to have the run in Ped labels with sequential numbering 

1) Finish my ASM run of 1 - today including Annuals/KS/GS. Down to three issues (carry over from 2022).

2) Complete the following runs:

FF 40 - 300 (Need 39)

Incredible Hulk 102 - 250 (Need 24)

3) Make headway into Iron Man, DareDevil and JIM/Thor. Runs in varying states.

4) Sell some books! Really need to have a sales thread in 2023. Likely start with my ASM dupes. :wishluck:

Adjust my 2022 goals to just organization; what to sell/trade now, keep for now, keep forever.

Stick to a list of what I am looking for, while allowing a little stray spending.

Learn more about the market for certain books on my list.

Trade for a book on the PC list.

Buy from the boards.

Break my spending record for a single book ($110).

Continue to sell and save for an AF #15, ASM #1 and complete my ASM run to present. 

I was pretty disciplined in 2022 so the I'm getting closer to that AF #15, it will be low grade of course, but it's within realm of possibility now.

MAYBE get a lesser key or a few ASM run books I need to scratch the collecting itch but not put too big a dent in the warchest.

2023 may prove to be tough in landing books for me. Have a move out of state coming with a new role so spare time will be at a premium I am afraid. 2022 was the first year in several that I did not hit a single show so hoping to get back to Baltimore and Charlotte at least this year.

Big Key   

Fantastic Four 1 (Upgrade)
Albedo 2                                                                                                                     

Tales Of Suspense 39
Hulk 181 Upgrade                                                                                                                               
Strange Tales 89
Stretch
Incredible Hulk 2 

Incredible Hulk 6                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Vampirella 1                                                                                                                                 
Brave Bold 28
Showcase 22
Standard
Golden Record FF1 Record
GRR ASM 1 set
GRR JIM 83 set
GRR AV4 set
X-Men 50
X-Men 101
Amazing Spiderman 121 (upgrade)
Amazing Spiderman 122 (upgrade)
Flash 106
GI Joe 21 CPV
GI Joe 155 Direct 
Transformers 80
A Team 1
Air Pirates Funnies 1
Shield 2
Shield 3

On 12/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, unclezebo said:

Besides my usual of getting anything I find interesting out in the wild, I can think of a few things I will try to accomplish.....

Getting a nice graded X-men 129

Adding another L.B. Cole 

Picking up a few more PCH

Now seems a good time for X-men 129, seems down compared to what I paid only months ago!

I know that lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM