• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grade is in: War Fury 1
1 1

16 posts in this topic

"Murder my Buddies will Ya...!!!"

Very stoked about finding this one.

I think for the most part you can see the flaws.  The cover & CF are both attached at the "one" staple (at bottom).  I think this was supposed to be a 2 staple comic, but has the manufacturing defect of only the bottom staple being there (does my grade get dinged for that?).

This should improve with a pressing.

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

On 12/27/2022 at 12:36 PM, buttock said:

What in God's name is keeping this at a 3.5 or 4.0?  Probably a 5.0, no ding for the missing staple so long as it was from manufacturing. 

Was about to post the same when I saw the first couple of opinions.

On 12/30/2022 at 2:20 PM, Chief1332 said:

a tape pull?

I didn't do my usual listing of defects, but I think this could be a tape pull (or similar, i.e. paper lift), and there's another one on the reverse where the word "FREE" is 2/3 of the way down. Two tape pulls along with the accumulation of other small creases along the spine and tiny tears on the edges is how I came down where I did. I believe you've heard my disclaimer before about not being a great GA grader.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:30 PM, scburdet said:

I didn't do my usual listing of defects, but I think this could be a tape pull (or similar, i.e. paper lift), and there's another one on the reverse where the word "FREE" is 2/3 of the way down. Two tape pulls along with the accumulation of other small creases along the spine and tiny tears on the edges is how I came down where I did. I believe you've heard my disclaimer before about not being a great GA grader.

Neither of these are tape pulls.  Seems to be some sort of printing/ink flaw on both of them.  I found another on ebay with the same flaw (see photo)

IMG_4717.jpeg

IMG_4719.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by gadzukes