• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Foil Covers Be Pressed?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I’ve found a few threads concerning this question with some conflicting responses so I thought I’d ask directly. Can foil covers be pressed through CCS? Are there any special considerations or restrictions if so? Any qualifiers in regards to expected results or risk? Thanks! 

• Administrator

Hello,

If the book's cover is entirely foil, unfortunately we cannot press it. If the outside cover is foil while the interior cover is paper stock, we are able to press it. The foil covers that can be pressed have certain limitations due to the raised surface of the cover. In some cases, bends are too deep or large to be effectively removed because of these limitations.

If in doubt, please utilize the CCS screening service to determine if your foil cover is a good candidate for pressing. Note: Screening is not available for Modern Tier submissions.