• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrating Stan’s Centennial

17 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2022 at 8:06 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I also was lucky enough to be able to add this comic to my collection! A Stan Lee File Copy with perhaps the neatest signature I've ever seen from him!

Not Brand Echh 10 9.4 SS Stan Lee file copy.jpg

Cap’s facial expression alone makes this book worthwhile lol. Stan’s beautiful sig is the massive icing on the cake!

On 12/29/2022 at 10:45 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Cap’s facial expression alone makes this book worthwhile lol. Stan’s beautiful sig is the massive icing on the cake!

Thanks so much! It's a title that doesn't seem to get much love, which is probably a strong contributing factor in it being affordable enough for me to grab.

Met him on I believe three occasions, at cons, last time was at his own Comikaze back in maybe 2015? At one time I had about 18 Stan Lee SS books, sold a good chunk of them over the years. Back when he still had a decent signature and was still sharp of mind, and a spring in his step. Got the photo-op, brief chat with him, signings and a handshake. Legend, always engaging and energetic. On the last signing, I brought an ASM #1, very nice under-graded copy that was, in my eye an easy 3.0 -3.5 living under a 2.0 label. Had it cracked for Stan to sign it - but being heavy on the pen, he tore the front cover as he started to sign it :whatthe: but he recovered, I picked up my jaw off the floor, Stan finished his signature and it actually came back a 2.5 SS with a tear and a story. So that one and this FF48 are my favorite Stan SS books. 

1947749275_FF48copy_.thumb.jpg.802ac5aefc5226399ed1b0bc4bb192f1.jpg

Keep the stories coming!! I never met Stan, so I'll live vicariously through all of you. 

I went to several shows where Stan was there, but never braved the lines to meet him. 

I'm not a big signature series collector, but there are a few people who were important enough to me to get SS books. With Stan, I have these two (shared these in general earlier today). The Sgt Fury is a Stan Lee File copy. I'm 100% sure I way over paid, but figured I wouldnt have many chances to own a Lee signature on a Lee File copy. 

IMG_20220422_091945297.jpg

IMG_20210707_143641311.jpg

IMG_20210707_143546134_HDR.jpg

On 12/29/2022 at 5:34 PM, KCOComics said:

Keep the stories coming!! I never met Stan, so I'll live vicariously through all of you. 

I went to several shows where Stan was there, but never braved the lines to meet him. 

I'm not a big signature series collector, but there are a few people who were important enough to me to get SS books. With Stan, I have these two (shared these in general earlier today). The Sgt Fury is a Stan Lee File copy. I'm 100% sure I way over paid, but figured I wouldnt have many chances to own a Lee signature on a Lee File copy. 

IMG_20220422_091945297.jpg

IMG_20210707_143641311.jpg

IMG_20210707_143546134_HDR.jpg

I came REAL close to getting that Fury book signed, as it was Stan's last issue as writer in that series, but then he started charging, like, $60 a signature and so I had to make some choices and that one didn't make the cut. 

On 12/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, jcjames said:

I came REAL close to getting that Fury book signed, as it was Stan's last issue as writer in that series, but then he started charging, like, $60 a signature and so I had to make some choices and that one didn't make the cut. 

I stopped getting signatures when he went to double that, $120. The last amount I recall his handlers were having him cost towards the end of his life was like $200. It certainly got expensive, but it is Stan we’re talking about 😊.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:06 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I also was lucky enough to be able to add this comic to my collection! A Stan Lee File Copy with perhaps the neatest signature I've ever seen from him!

Not Brand Echh 10 9.4 SS Stan Lee file copy.jpg

best signature i have ever seen also ! great penmanship !

On 12/29/2022 at 8:21 PM, jcjames said:

i did not know #28 was Stan's last Sgt Fury , i have most of the 2-100 run but never could get into reading many of the issues past #30 and now i know why !

On 12/30/2022 at 4:23 PM, gunsmokin said:

Was Barbara Eden in the same room?

I was at some Hollywood themed convention with a hodge podge of random actors and actresses. So yeah Barbara Eden could have been there. I mean if you wanted to meet the guy who played a random alien, killed in season 4, episode 6 of Battlestar Galactica, this was the place to be! lol

Edited by LDarkseid1