• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of Naruto in comics?

3 posts in this topic

Fellow comic book fans :3

I'm wondering exactly which is the first official appearance of Naruto in comics? 

I'm aware that Naruto first appeared in 1999's Weekly Shonen Jump #43 --though a manga, but I'm curious what would constitute as his 1st American appearance, akin to Viz's Dragonball #1 being Goku and Bulma's in 1998. I've been looking and CGC doesn't seem to have an official key comment-label on the verification page to clarify this ~ However, I know in 2020 Free Comic Book Day released a Shonen Jump Special, and in May 2020, they released a Naruto comic as written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto ~

The only book I can attribute it to being is Shonen Jump #0 (2002), which contains a Naruto preview. What do you think?

All comments are welcomed :x

Just checking out Key Collector, looks like you are on track.  I'm not sure either one is a "comic book".  They are both digest sized manga by the looks of it.  

image.thumb.png.01dbe8e8832f1c8434e01f22e93f2e42.png

CGC does grade these but there is no key info on the label:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195532834910?hash=item2d86aa485e:g:6vYAAOSwdpZjqTR3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoNNfjP9rb%2F0U9BqFuvlsbn%2FpHE0vEURHEj9a0MaYVcoILLezYR0y%2Bpg6SL0%2FQBS28Nz%2FY6bByce1jq1fIoF2mjbsDsUOv%2F8cVQLKP3wks5bZ4v5GgbIfJA3F7PJL8R%2Fr87cqZK1d6T4Rfy9GtewHF03%2FvEE4QilcG%2BaPaXlzOS%2B%2BqzukppBeWbQhG7V7fYsTbyEEJZMIPpV8PpLkR%2F4%2FK1c%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7KYqvyrYQ

Edited by gradejunky

On 12/30/2022 at 5:26 AM, gradejunky said:

On 12/30/2022 at 5:16 AM, Bart Allen said:

Fellow comic book fans :3

I'm wondering exactly which is the first official appearance of Naruto in comics? 

I'm aware that Naruto first appeared in 1999's Weekly Shonen Jump #43 --though a manga, but I'm curious what would constitute as his 1st American appearance, akin to Viz's Dragonball #1 being Goku and Bulma's in 1998. I've been looking and CGC doesn't seem to have an official key comment-label on the verification page to clarify this ~ However, I know in 2020 Free Comic Book Day released a Shonen Jump Special, and in May 2020, they released a Naruto comic as written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto ~

The only book I can attribute it to being is Shonen Jump #0 (2002), which contains a Naruto preview. What do you think?

All comments are welcomed :x

Might be true. The main naruto grail is the foil limited manga with 5000 copies.  Goes for 1k typically