• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to understand - The Batman Adventures #12
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I will be transparent here in that I am looking to buy this book. The last few years I have had fun buying (not a lot, just dabbled) and exploring the comic art market. I have always wanted a The Batman Adventures #12 though so I started doing a little research. The first thing I will say is the market seems to have really changed in a few years with prices, for the most part, dropping or stagnating. This forum has been really valuable in understanding the trends overall (thank you everyone)!

When looking at the prices of The Batman Adventures I am struck by something odd within GoCollect. The CGC 9.6 version states there are 1684 on the census with 899 sales. Are we at the point where half of the books slabbed are for resale now?

https://gocollect.com/comic/the-batman-adventures-12

On 12/30/2022 at 10:19 AM, ignimbrite said:

The CGC 9.6 version states there are 1684 on the census with 899 sales. Are we at the point where half of the books slabbed are for resale now?

The 899 figure is not what is currently for resale.  It is the amount of sales that GoCollect has recorded in 9.6 since they started tracking such sales.  Additionally, many of those sales were likely the same book changing hands over the years.

However, I think it's safe to say that there are likely much more than 899 total sales in 9.6... GoCollect only records from their own list of verified sources.

To throw out another stat... between eBay and MyComicShop, there are only about 25 BA12s in CGC 9.6 for sale currently.