• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine turnaround times.

18 posts in this topic

I submitted 12 mags economy tier back in February 2022, the TAT's then was about 174 days if I remember correctly, it was that long ago I have forgotten, they are now 259, they seem to go up 5 days every week, how long can this go on for? Where else would you pay $600+ and have to wait a year or so for what you have paid for? This is a total disregard to your customers and not even an apology or explanation as to why this is happening, can you shed some light on this? If CGC do not want to grade magazines then just let it be known, don't just mess us about because you can. 

Edited by batmiesta

Just saw the announcement on the new CGC magazine case and that encapsulation has been suspended until Feb when the new case will used, If I had been told months ago, I would have been happy with that explanation.

• Administrator

Hello @batmiesta,

Thank you for your message. Yes unfortunately, this was a supply issue that has taken some time to resolve. I am sorry for the delays this has caused. We truly appreciate your understanding. 

For others experiencing this issue, please find a Magazine Submission Update HERE.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:01 PM, batmiesta said:

I submitted 12 mags economy tier back in February 2022, the TAT's then was about 174 days if I remember correctly, it was that long ago I have forgotten, they are now 259, they seem to go up 5 days every week, how long can this go on for? Where else would you pay $600+ and have to wait a year or so for what you have paid for? This is a total disregard to your customers and not even an apology or explanation as to why this is happening, can you shed some light on this? If CGC do not want to grade magazines then just let it be known, don't just mess us about because you can. 

They've had mine since December 2021, and I've gotten nothing but excuses every time I've followed up.  Not once has anyone mentioned the new holders.  That would have made a big difference in my patience.

• Administrator

Hello @5150rwj and @batmiesta, last I heard, we do not have stock of the new magazine holders quite yet, but we should be getting stock of the holders within the next week or two. Thank you so much for your patience while we process your orders!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

On 2/12/2023 at 2:30 PM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @5150rwj and @batmiesta, last I heard, we do not have stock of the new magazine holders quite yet, but we should be getting stock of the holders within the next week or two. Thank you so much for your patience while we process your orders!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

I'm confused, my magazines moved from SFG to GEI 8 days ago after almost a year, so will they be slabbed in the old holders? Or will they stay GEI until the new holders arrive? 

• Administrator

@batmiesta,

I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. Your order is still waiting for the new slabs. These books will not be shipped in the old holders. They were graded on 1/31 however which would have caused the change of status. Rest assured they will wait for the new holders for encapsulation. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 2/13/2023 at 1:16 PM, MattM CS said:

@batmiesta,

I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. Your order is still waiting for the new slabs. These books will not be shipped in the old holders. They were graded on 1/31 however which would have caused the change of status. Rest assured they will wait for the new holders for encapsulation. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks for clearing that up Matt. (thumbsu

They've had 3 of my submissions (of 20 magazines each) since May '22.  It's best to just assume that it's going to take a year, unfortunately.  At first they were blaming employee shortages, now they're saying supply issues.  Maybe it's both, maybe it's neither.  I haven't had great luck getting a straight answer from anyone.  The wait wouldn't be so bad if they'd just immediately own their issues and be straight about mess.

edit:  they really change "the S word" to "mess" automatically?  Jesus.

Edited by heyimjason

On 2/14/2023 at 3:28 PM, Doomed said:

I thought the problem with mags was that they don't have a slab machine dedicated to mags, so they have to "schedule" a time to retool the machine and then slab the mags? Whatever, who cares, that's how it is.

:eyeroll: What's there to own up to?

The people paying 30-40 bucks per magazine and having to wait about a year are the people who care.  If people didn't care, they wouldn't be posting stuff on these message boards.  Between delays and lack of information and having to send improperly slabbed things back and people getting different things back than what they sent in, there are plenty of issues they need to own up to directly and clearly.  It's absolutely not hard to have decent customer service and quality control if you really, genuinely care about your customers.  If CGC was playing its cards right and not just focused on money, they'd practically have zero competition.

On 2/14/2023 at 3:28 PM, Doomed said:

I thought the problem with mags was that they don't have a slab machine dedicated to mags, so they have to "schedule" a time to retool the machine and then slab the mags? Whatever, who cares, that's how it is.

:eyeroll: What's there to own up to?

Your posts seem pretty mouthy for someone who just joined, and clearly doesn't have a horse in the race.  Wait for more than a year for your books, and then come back and enlighten us with your wisdom.