• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will I still get the retired label I purchased 7 months ago?

2 posts in this topic

I created a submission back in May for grading. Several of the comics were Spider-Man and I purchased the Amazing Spider-Man NYC custom label available at the time. Before submitting them to CGC I submitted them to a third party (not CGC) for pressing.

CGC received my submission from the presser a few weeks ago. Today I was browsing the custom label options and realized the ASM NYC label has been retired. Will they still give me the NYC label since I purchased it already, or do I need to contact them to try to get a different custom label like the universal Spider-Man label, or will they just stick me with the basic universal grade label?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @Kronius,

Great question!

Our team will do everything in their power to get you this label. After a label is retired, we do keep a small stock of them on hand for ME submissions and the submissions we currently have in house so it is possible we will be able to accommodate the request. If we can not, the book will be returned to you with the regular label and the custom label fee will be refunded to you. Let us know if you have any other questions.