• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing Ideas for Modern Runs
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi team, I am trying to get an idea of what comic book enthusiasts would pay for the following runs. Would you say I am in the ballpark pricing-wise? I use "ebay sold" listings as a reference point usually, but I have some collections and runs that do not match their sold listings. The books are all high grade (8.0 or above). 

X-Men (1991) 1-88 Straight Run ($160.00)

Cable (1993) 1-70 Straight Run ($90.00)

X-Factor (1986) 125 total books (missing some big keys, the run is full from about issue 20 onwards) ($250.00)

Spider-Man Unlimited (1993) 1-20 Straight ($30.00)

Would you say these are fair prices? Thanks

In my experience of selling runs on eBay, it's a bit more difficult selling partial straight runs compared to the complete entire run of the series unless you're letting them go dirt cheap.  The only exception to this is if the partial run you have contains all the big keys in there.  There's a chance you will be sitting on them for a while at those prices especially in today's market.  If this is an option for you I would recommend trying to complete the runs at your local shows.  A lot of times, I would find the missing issues in the 50 cents / dollar boxes.  People seem to be willing to pay an extra small premium for full complete runs.