• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received crack case (McFarlane signing)
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I received my submission and one of the books came back with cracked case which is disappointing.

May I send this back for a Mechanical Error to get this reholdered and fixed?  Forget if I need to request this here to allow me to send back to get fixed

Here are the pics of cracked case.

Thanks!

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2364.jpeg

• Administrator

Hi @waynemel, thank you for contacting CGC. We're so sorry to see the slab was cracked in shipping. Yes, absolutely feel free to send this comic back as a Mechanical Error since it's still within the 2 allowance window. Let me know if you need any help or instructions to send it back. Thank you!

On 1/4/2023 at 9:20 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hi @waynemel, thank you for contacting CGC. We're so sorry to see the slab was cracked in shipping. Yes, absolutely feel free to send this comic back as a Mechanical Error since it's still within the 2 allowance window. Let me know if you need any help or instructions to send it back. Thank you!

Thanks @KaileeS CS  for the confirmation.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:20 AM, KaileeS CS said:

I was under the impression that there was no longer a 2 week window.  (shrug) You might want to clarify one way or the other.

This is a quote from a CGC administrator here...Posted December 8, 2022

"So, I have been speaking with management about the 2 week window for ME's.  I do have some good news.  This pertains to all books.  You do not have to be the submitter, and there is no time limit.  You can fill out a submission form with the Mechanical Error option.  A prepaid shipping label will automatically be sent to you.  (Non US customers will have to contact customer service for the shipping label)  We will fix books listed below for free in the "Fix for no charge" column.  

FIX NO CHARGE:

Wrong label information

Book inserted wrong

Book pinched between inner well seal

Debris inside holder

REHOLDER/REPAIR FEE:

Holder scratches

Cracked/damaged holders

Damaged books"

• Administrator

Hello @Gaard,

The two week window is for holders damaged in transit back to our customers after they have been shipped from our office. From the quote you pulled we do not have a timeline on: Wrong Label Information, Book Inserted Wrong, and others. But in this specific case, this holder was damaged in transit to our customer. This would constitute a free reholder service since they reached out to us letting us know of the issue within the two week time frame. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 1/5/2023 at 8:49 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Gaard,

The two week window is for holders damaged in transit back to our customers after they have been shipped from our office. From the quote you pulled we do not have a timeline on: Wrong Label Information, Book Inserted Wrong, and others. But in this specific case, this holder was damaged in transit to our customer. This would constitute a free reholder service since they reached out to us letting us know of the issue within the two week time frame. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Classic brain fart on my part. Sorry for the confusion.