• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unavailable Grader's Notes
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I would like to sell an early Marvel (1964) comic that I had graded in 2013.  The CGC grade is 7.0 ow-w pages; Universal Blue Label.

The certificate number when searched, shows that the grader notes are "Unavailable"

This hasn't bothered me in the past, however, now that I intend to sell it, I am not sure how it will be received.

Wondering how this may affect the selling price? 

On 1/3/2023 at 2:16 PM, StevoR said:

I would like to sell an early Marvel (1964) comic that I had graded in 2013.  The CGC grade is 7.0 ow-w pages; Universal Blue Label.

The certificate number when searched, shows that the grader notes are "Unavailable"

This hasn't bothered me in the past, however, now that I intend to sell it, I am not sure how it will be received.

Wondering how this may affect the selling price? 

Not knowing the specific book, FMV or potential asking price, generally I’d say some buyers are looking to see if there’s pressable defects to CPR. Also if there’s hidden defects that might be present should the comic otherwise present higher than the label grade. 2c

It’s never been cleaned or pressed. It doesn’t have internal/hidden issues. I’m the original owner and apparently am the only one who can now attest to this. May be the only book that I can truly say I didn’t get what I paid for. Perhaps CGC would rectify with a no charge resubmitting?  Is “grader’s notes not available” a common or uncommon occurrence in a 7.0 grade?

On 1/3/2023 at 2:51 PM, StevoR said:

It’s never been cleaned or pressed. It doesn’t have internal/hidden issues. I’m the original owner and apparently am the only one who can now attest to this. May be the only book that I can truly say I didn’t get what I paid for. Perhaps CGC would rectify with a no charge resubmitting?  Is “grader’s notes not available” a common or uncommon occurrence in a 7.0 grade?

It’s not uncommon for books of nearly any grade.  Especially baffling in books that seem to be under graded based on cover alone.  

On 1/3/2023 at 6:25 PM, steveinthecity said:

It’s not uncommon for books of nearly any grade.  Especially baffling in books that seem to be under graded based on cover alone.  

Disagree. Maybe my definition of what is 'uncommon' is different than yours. I certainly wouldn't say you get notes 100% of the time, but no way is it common for a 7.0 to not get any notes.