• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shin Ultraman! Shuwatch!!!

5 posts in this topic

Welp, I suspect nobody reading this forum cares but regardless, I saw it last night and thought it was pretty great. Seeing Ultraman on the big screen was a blast, the story was good and it was well made. I enjoyed it more than the last few Marvel movies I've seen. The reviews in general are very positive and right on the mark to me.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:24 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Will be seeing it tonight, unfortunately due to scheduling I can only catch the dubbed version. 

Slap SHIN on any of these old properties and my butt will be in the seat without question!

Hopefully the dubbing will be decent. While the dubbing in the Millennium series Godzilla films were an improvement over what I grew up with, the dialogue still left something to be desired and was a bit on the campy side. But even if it's not top shelf I'll bet the movie will be fun.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

Hopefully the dubbing will be decent. While the dubbing in the Millennium series Godzilla films were an improvement over what I grew up with, the dialogue still left something to be desired and was a bit on the campy side. But even if it's not top shelf I'll bet the movie will be fun.

Dubbing was good enough, happy they used actual VO actors and didn't opt for whatever celebrity they could afford. Think I ended up enjoying it more dubbed than had I seen the subtitled version (which is not something I ever expected to say) as it adde to the camp nature and did help with the loads of exposition dumps the group would quickly ramble through.

Overall very good, not anywhere near Shin Godzilla level of good, but still a fun bunch of episodes (which is what it felt like, 4-5 episodes strung together). I do kind of feel it would have been better if they combined the Mefilas & Zarab stories into one though in order to tighten up the middle of the film.