• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know CCS pressed my book

8 posts in this topic

I just received my Todd McFarlane signings and I had paid for CCS to press the books after signing. It looks to me like they didn't press them. Is there a way I can find out if the press has been done? I was charged for it. Two books look like they haven't been pressed, one because of a small non color break crease in the corner, the other is non color break on the spine otherwise the book looks flat. The other books are quite new so I can't tell if they've been pressed. If it wasn't pressed how do I get them to correct it without paying for it? I have sent an email and waiting for their reply.

An easy way to check if they have been pressed by CCS is to compare the books condition now to what they where when you sent them off (cause you were responsible and took pictures).  If they look worse now and have obvious defects then you can trust they were absolutely pressed to the best ability of CCS! lol

It should also be noted that "pressed" doesn't mean "pressed well" AND also there is some chance of damage (or reversion, depending on how good the press was) AFTER the pressing in the transportation, grading, encapsulation, and shipping back to you.

But 1000% no harm in contacting cgc customer service directly.  If you exhaust multiple avenues without response from customer service, there's an ASK CGC subforum here on the boards or you could contact them through social media.