• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Grade Is In!* PGM: Uncanny X-Men 142
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! New to the forum and wanted to post a few books I'm thinking about getting graded. Thought this one looked great, but some of the interior pages are chipping (not sure if right term) at the corner. Tried to get some pictures of it. Thanks in advance, all!

XMen1.jpg

XMen2.jpg

XMen3.jpg

XMen4.jpg

XMen5.jpg

XMen6.jpg

XMen7.jpg

XMen8.jpg

XMen9.jpg

XMen10.jpg

XMen11.jpg

XMen12.jpg

Edited by Nsschenks

The black streak on the BRBC and what looks like a bindery tear on that same corner are things to consider. The bindery tear is a little bigger than "allowable" at some higher grades. The corner damage on the interior pages could be production related, especially since the cover doesn't seem to have the same issue. If that's the case, it shouldn't count to much against the overall grade. I would say 9.2±0.2. The minor damage probably precludes NM+. If a CGC grader deemed the inner page damage to be handling related, I'd expect a couple grades lower 8.0/8.5