• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed with COA

5 posts in this topic

Hi. I sent in 10 comics with COAs with them. Is it a normal process for CGC to discard the cards. I would have thought they would have put them in with the comics. I know they are green labels, but now I have no proof at all of the authenticity of the signatures. 

On 1/6/2023 at 6:21 PM, RAW2020 said:

Hi. I sent in 10 comics with COAs with them. Is it a normal process for CGC to discard the cards.

They do not guarantee the return of any loose items sent in. There is zero benefit to send signature COAs to CGC.

I would have thought they would have put them in with the comics.

Loose items never get encapsulated with the books.

I know they are green labels, but now I have no proof at all of the authenticity of the signatures

(shrug)

No harm in checking with Cgc directly ahead of time for their specific policy

The standard advice is to not send them in. I've heard of some people who have gotten them back and many who haven't. They will not be encapsulated with the book. 

I would call them... I'm not sure they'll be able to help, but at least they'll be aware. 

Good luck.