• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a slab for Raphael #1

10 posts in this topic

I just got the 1985 Raphael #1 which measures close to 7.5x11. I was thinking of using a clear comic pro line magazine size board (8.5x11) and bag. I'm having trouble finding a slab that could fit this though. Any suggestions?

From CGC's glossary: SLAB. A term used by some to describe the process of certification. Also used by some to describe the holder used in the certification of any collectible

If you were to submit it, it would be up to CGC to find the appropriate slab to put it in, usually a magazine size slab for these.

Perhaps you mean something different and I'm misunderstanding, in which case... :foryou:

Maybe look on eBay to see if anyone is selling them, then private message those people to see what bag or slab they’re using.

On 1/9/2023 at 2:24 PM, thewarning said:

I looked on ebay. I checked out Ultra Pro, Comic Skin, GatorGuard. They all make slabs, but not magazine size.

Would magazine sized BCW Top Loaders work for you?  They do make 8 1/2 x 11 and 9 x 12 sizes.  The latter might work if you include a backing board.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:17 PM, steveinthecity said:

Would magazine sized BCW Top Loaders work for you?  They do make 8 1/2 x 11 and 9 x 12 sizes.  The latter might work if you include a backing board.

Never used one, but that could be a good cheap option. It will definitely fit.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:17 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

From CGC's glossary: SLAB. A term used by some to describe the process of certification. Also used by some to describe the holder used in the certification of any collectible

If you were to submit it, it would be up to CGC to find the appropriate slab to put it in, usually a magazine size slab for these.

Perhaps you mean something different and I'm misunderstanding, in which case... :foryou:

Just looking for a holder that fits.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:17 PM, steveinthecity said:

I've used the magazine top loaders on GA comics. They work great. 

Careful with top-loaders for long term storage of books as stuff tends to get a bit wavy inside them. While it's never happened to me with a trading card has occurred with Comic Art. Luckily with art it's not an issue with a comic it would be.