• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about graders notes (Ultimate Fallout 4)
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I took a gamble and wanted to know your thoughts.

I know I overspent about $100 for an 8.5 copy of UF4 1st print because the graders notes only said 

polybag crease back cover
polybag crease front cover

with the intention of sending out to a presser to get cracked/cleaned/pressed and graded and hope for a much higher grade. I wouldn't have spent extra on it if not.

The book online didn't have anything notable in terms of nicks/other things in the areas I was able to see from the pictures EXCEPT for an area where the glare from the picture did not let me see if anything was wrong.

I pulled the trigger because the notes ONLY said the crease problem which I know is a pressable defect.

My question: Is it possible the graders notes did not have everything wrong with the book noted in the notes?

Thanks!

On 1/9/2023 at 3:16 PM, Jasgut said:

My question: Is it possible the graders notes did not have everything wrong with the book noted in the notes?

It’s probable.  Especially if the other defects are visible in the slab 

you can do a bit more research on the cgc website to see how CGC describes what is/isn't contained in the grader's notes.  BUT spoiler alert: they're not necessarily exhaustive and complete (CGC explains more on their website), and depend largely from situation to situation and grader to grader.

They're just 'notes' that they themselves use to help themselves grade the book.  They're not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of every defect, otherwise I'm sure they'd be advertised as such. But they would also be met with a lot more arguments from customers.