• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending in for restoration removal a restored slabbed book from CBCS?

3 posts in this topic

I have a CBCS book that has been restored...slight color touch. I'm aware that sending it in for restoration removal will drop the grade and "possibly" impact the way the book looks. That's ok.

How do I submit that to CGC for restoration removal? Do I crack it first, or have CGC do it? I'm sure CGC will find restoration if I send it in raw/unslabbed. If they find restoration and can't remove it, will they tell me?

I would like it graded with a universal blue if they can remove the color touch. If they can't remove it, I guess I'll end up with a CGC purple label if I have them grade it.

I'd contact CGC directly with the specifics of your question. 

Per the cgc website, there is a 'screening' process related to restoration removal where they will be in contact with you before proceeding.  Probably check the cgc website in the FAQ section then contact CGC customer service for specifics.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:48 PM, ArmorComics said:

How do I submit that to CGC for restoration removal? Do I crack it first, or have CGC do it? I'm sure CGC will find restoration if I send it in raw/unslabbed. If they find restoration and can't remove it, will they tell me?

I would crack it myself, to prevent potential SCS in-shipping. IIRC, CCS would contact you if there are any issues with restoration removal, but I would call them directly to be sure that this is the case.