• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mister Mxyzptlk Solo Movie

31 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2023 at 7:45 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I'm all for it

Superman - 40.jpg

Yeah I mean just saying, doesn’t have to include Superman or anything. Just turn Mxyztplk into a misunderstood anti-hero. He could travel through multiple dimensions throughout the movie.

So many different directions to take this character.  But the casual movie-goer would never have heard of this guy and it would fail at the box office.  They need to establish him before putting out a solo movie.

Maybe he could show up in that Specter movie or that Plastic Man movie....  hm

On 1/10/2023 at 12:00 PM, Yorick said:

So many different directions to take this character.  But the casual movie-goer would never have heard of this guy and it would fail at the box office.  They need to establish him before putting out a solo movie.

Maybe he could show up in that Specter movie or that Plastic Man movie....  hm

I would normally agree with you, and granted this success was found more on the Marvel side, but no one in the general public truthfully knew about Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man when those came out. Or Suicide Squad on the DC side for that matter. 1st one was box office success, 2nd had the unfortunate scenario of coming out during the pandemic, but was generally considered a success with viewers.

Anyway, I think at the very least it’s been proven success can be found with unproven, unknown characters. 

On 1/10/2023 at 12:10 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I would normally agree with you, and granted this success was found more on the Marvel side, but no one in the general public truthfully knew about Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man when those came out. Or Suicide Squad on the DC side for that matter. 1st one was box office success, 2nd had the unfortunate scenario of coming out during the pandemic, but was generally considered a success with viewers.

Anyway, I think at the very least it’s been proven success can be found with unproven, unknown characters. 

Sure, but "Myxzptlyx" or whatever it's spelling....  can you imagine seeing that on a billboard somewhere?  They better come up with a catchier title.  :insane:

There is soooo much to play with conceptually.  It really will take an Auteur to bring about success with this.  Maybe they need to get David Lynch on it.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:10 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

The commonality of these three is comedy. For me this is important, as CGI heavy action films with predictable plot lines don't particularly interest me otherwise.