• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current CGC prices

25 posts in this topic

Where can I look/find current sales/prices for CGC graded comic books.

I have just submitted my first 3 books to CGC......not very happy with the grades, do not think I was that off on 2 of the books.

But I am looking to began to sell off more and more of my silver and gold books and am looking for a place to see current sell prices etc for books.

Thanks all for any help.

submitted action 252 got 5.5---and its .5 higher then I though

sgt fury 13--got a 9.4..............no way this is 9.4 I thought and still think that its a great canadite for the first 9.8(its no way a 9.4)

Fantastic four 48...received a 9.0 with white pages.....i still think its a 9.4

so my first 3 submissions...CGC was .5 higher on the action

and way off on the other two I think

We had an EQ thread in here somewhere awhile back.

I played for 3 years on e'ci, gave up just prior to PoP. Luclin was a big disappointment after Velious. Didn't want to stick around for more of that.

submitted action 252 got 5.5---and its .5 higher then I though

sgt fury 13--got a 9.4..............no way this is 9.4 I thought and still think that its a great canadite for the first 9.8(its no way a 9.4)

Fantastic four 48...received a 9.0 with white pages.....i still think its a 9.4

so my first 3 submissions...CGC was .5 higher on the action

and way off on the other two I think

I looked at the notes on the two book. I can post them if you like!

West

I looked at the notes on the two book. I can post them if you like!

West

Obvioulsy you don't want to set a precedent of getting the graders notes by complaining on the boards.

That said, come on man, SAY IT.

We're waiting!!!!

If my post sounded to as a [embarrassing lack of self control] towards CGC it was not meant to be. Although I am taken back by their grades of two(2) of the books, I am the one who submitted them so I wanted their opinion.

Call CGC for the grader's notes.

3/4 times I've called for grader's notes they have been USELESS. I think they should have stricter policies on documenting the defects. It looks optional from where I'm sitting.

If they don't have a screen full of defects that they check off that can be made part of the grader's notes, I suggest that they implement something like this. And the grade can't be finalized without checking SOMETHING (provided it is not a 10.0).

Call CGC for the grader's notes.

3/4 times I've called for grader's notes they have been USELESS. I think they should have stricter policies on documenting the defects. It looks optional from where I'm sitting.

If they don't have a screen full of defects that they check off that can be made part of the grader's notes, I suggest that they implement something like this. And the grade can't be finalized without checking SOMETHING (provided it is not a 10.0).

what grades do you usually call for? I have found the notes to be very helpful (as well as what each grader graded it as).

Halas -- do you own any certified 9.8 comics from 40 years ago that you can compare to what you got back so as to have some basis to complain? Seriously, 9.8 is perfect (based on what I own). Look very very very closely and you'll start seeing the faint imperfections in your 9.4.

still, it would be nice to have a bit more comprehensive graders notes available. What if the comic looks "perfect on the outside" but has wear inside? Does CGC always note interior flaws on their label? This could benefit CGC as well as the customers.

I will post pictures as soon as they arrive.

I do understand how hard a 9.8 for a 40 year comic to be but from all that I remember about that issue it was Perfect

However, I have been known to make several hundred MISTAKES smile.gif