• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Journey into Mystery Annual #1 undervalued ??
1 1

12 posts in this topic

IMO, No.

I check FMV on my top 100 books twice a year (June/December) and have been since 2015. (So my kids know what they have when I am no longer here.)

JIM Annual 1 did not even make the list of my top 100 books until 2021 where the FMV was $350.00 for my Raw FN 6.0 copy, in 2022 the FMV was $400.00 in June and $300 in December, considering how it jumped so much in value from 2020 to 2021/2022, it would probably not have even made my list except for the MCU, the question then becomes did it increase in value because of speculation of a new movie and will it maintain that value if the movie flops?

The majority of my top 100 books dropped in value by about 25% from June 2022 to December 2022, IMO the market is correcting itself, my top 50 decreased in value from $42,000.00 to $36,000.00 from June 2022 to December 2022.

Journey-Into-Mystery-Annual-1-FN-6-0.jpg

Hercules is a fairly prominent character in Marvel.. perhaps a "C" level character.  JIM #1 is a 1965 Silver Age book.. based on these factors seems potentially undervalued.   If the MCU moves him to an "A" level character, AND is audience is receptive, then the value will increase.  However I agree the market will dictate it's value. 

On 1/13/2023 at 8:41 PM, gunsmokin said:
On 1/13/2023 at 7:47 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Does this book actually contain new content?

Yes- 1st appearance of Herc.

15 GLORIOUS pages ... and reprints Loki's 1st appearance from JIM 85 .... GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu