• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forbidden Collection
1 1

10 posts in this topic

It looks like to me that this is just a sticker on the exterior of the case. 
There is no acknowledgment of anything on the label, and as far as I know, the other way to recognize a specialty collection is through the pedigree series, which this is not. 

So nobody has any idea what the story on this collection is? Since it apparently is a Heritage designation, appearing on both CGC and Voldemort books, you'd think the info would be on the website somewhere. (Though it could also be a dealer designation but the books wound up on Heritage.) If it was originally in an auction catalog I missed it. Also, I've seen non-pedigree collections on Heritage in the past but this is the first time I recall seeing a sticker. (shrug)

On 1/15/2023 at 8:38 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

So nobody has any idea what the story on this collection is? Since it apparently is a Heritage designation, appearing on both CGC and Voldemort books, you'd think the info would be on the website somewhere. (Though it could also be a dealer designation but the books wound up on Heritage.) If it was originally in an auction catalog I missed it. Also, I've seen non-pedigree collections on Heritage in the past but this is the first time I recall seeing a sticker. (shrug)

Following non-pedigree books have stickers like the Forbidden Collection:

“Pinnacle Collection”

“Black Cat Collection”

”Oregon Collection”

On 1/15/2023 at 6:38 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

I got burned pretty good on buying a couple of raws from the "Blackstone collection" from one of the auction houses. When I got the books, they were in 40 year old bags and boards, page quality was this side of toasty and smelled like they had been tucked into the back pocket of a hobo with a flatulence problem. It was clearly all-hype and doctored descriptions - my guess is that if we haven't heard of the "Forbidden Collection" it's probably because it's not a find worth mentioning, and someone tailor-made the title to make it sound interesting for a big stack of mid-grade books from one owner.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:27 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I got burned pretty good on buying a couple of raws from the "Blackstone collection" from one of the auction houses. When I got the books, they were in 40 year old bags and boards, page quality was this side of toasty and smelled like they had been tucked into the back pocket of a hobo with a flatulence problem. It was clearly all-hype and doctored descriptions - my guess is that if we haven't heard of the "Forbidden Collection" it's probably because it's not a find worth mentioning, and someone tailor-made the title to make it sound interesting for a big stack of mid-grade books from one owner.

Smelly comics are a deal breaker for me too , can’t stand them in the house😫😩

On 1/15/2023 at 8:23 AM, bronze johnny said:

Following non-pedigree books have stickers like the Forbidden Collection:

“Pinnacle Collection”

“Black Cat Collection”

”Oregon Collection”

example of "The Pinnacle Hill Collection" sticker

PlanetComics8CGC75front_zpsde596836.jpg

Edited by Artboy99