• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics with free Gifts
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hey Forum Family,

I just acquired several comics with either free gifts or tattoos etc....however none of them are still attached but did come with the extra items intact. My questions, when submitting to CGC do these extras that come with select comics have to be connected and still in the exact way or can I slide them in the middle or last page like they originally came and still recieve complete comic credit. Please see attached example, the gift is intact however it came with a page that held the cut out...do I need the extra page? Thanks for any information anyone can provide. Keep collecting!   

s-l1600.jpg

They absolutely do not have to be connected to submit.

but if they’re not, you won’t receive “full credit”

but if they’re not attached, you probably shouldn’t give them the pieces 

On 1/15/2023 at 12:53 PM, revat said:

So my comic will receieve a green. label, for not having the cut out portion that isn't the actual gift? That sounds backward?  

On 1/16/2023 at 12:29 AM, P Palmer said:

So my comic will receieve a green. label, for not having the cut out portion that isn't the actual gift? That sounds backward?  

I think they’re most interested in a consistent policy they can broadly apply. Still, there maybe some specific issues/situations treated in special way by CGC.

no harm in contacting Cgc and making your case 

On 1/15/2023 at 2:53 PM, revat said:

Interesting... 

Do not send the "gifts" in at all....keep them

As for how the comic will grade, if there are spots inside the comic that these were cut out of or removed from, they probably will deem it a qualified (green) label and notate that. I am not an expert though on these foreign copies being graded...so MAYBE they have some leniency. But to me, it would be like ASM #238 with the tatooz. If those are missing, usually it means a qualified label. 

Personally, I would keep the issue raw as I don't think slabbing does anything in its favour. It is a 5.0 range book from what I can tell and I think leaving raw, with the cool goodies in the bag and backing board is the way to go should you look to one day sell it.