• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are grading reasons given?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I got my Spawn #1 back today with a CGC grading of 9.0. All corners are sharp and it's been stored in a cool dry place since it was originally purchased. So far I don't detect any noticeable flaws. I packaged it like it was an original Picasso with much care. I only see a NEW flaw on the spine that wasn't there before. That's fine, I may have used less bubble wrap than I should have. So there must be reasons to give it a low score and I'd like to know why. 

I have tons of photos as proof that I can update.

Not every comic will have notes.  They are mostly used internally, grader to grader.  Probably to point out something they saw that might be missed by a follow up grader.

I have seen (and received) comics as low as 5.0 with no notes.  And sometimes you will see high grade comics like 9.6 and 9.8 that do have notes.  Depends on the weather that day.

I'm sure that are many threads about grader notes.  Just search by that term in the box at the upper right to find them.

You should post all your photos in the “Hey buddy, can you spare a grade” section and people will be able to review your photos and give you their opinion of what grade your book might get and why. You can learn a lot from them. You will also learn that grading is done by individuals and may vary slightly between the grade you want to get and the grade that your book deserves.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:17 PM, Mgc015 said:

You should post all your photos in the “Hey buddy, can you spare a grade” section and people will be able to review your photos and give you their opinion of what grade your book might get and why. You can learn a lot from them. You will also learn that grading is done by individuals and may vary slightly between the grade you want to get and the grade that your book deserves.

That sounds great. I'm a noob and therefore I'm learning about grading in general. Thanks. I'll post there so as not to post in the wrong groups.