• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee full page splash....only $15K?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2023 at 9:48 AM, g-man said:

finished last night on the link....lots of bids but the hammer price was pretty low IMO. Bats and the JL. Maybe because it wasn't a Batman title? No action? Or Clink? 

RAD0D67E20221115_1731.jpg

Boring? Batman's oddly separated and weirdly angled index finger? The Bat knee pads? Batman's calf being the same width as his head? The trying-to-be-Kirby-creative-but-failing interior design? I could go on and on...

On 1/17/2023 at 8:09 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Boring? Batman's oddly separated and weirdly angled index finger? The Bat knee pads? Batman's calf being the same width as his head? The trying-to-be-Kirby-creative-but-failing interior design? I could go on and on...

It's really pretty bad.  

On 1/17/2023 at 11:59 AM, gumbydarnit said:

Wait there was a comiclink auction?!?

Exactly! It was their January focussed auction, but there was a small batch of "premium" pages.  The rest of the OA didn't finish until February but the premium ones finished last night.

I would have bid on some, good thing none finished than my max or I would have kicked myself (and I'm cheap, my max usually isn't market value, sellers should worry if I buy from them! :nyah:)

Malvin

Edited by malvin

On 1/17/2023 at 3:34 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

I think no one knew about that auction… seemed like a lot of low prices 

I bid on one Aparo page but dropped out pretty early. Good, but not exciting enough to fight for it. The final price reflected it. Maybe that was symptomatic of other pieces. 

On 1/17/2023 at 8:09 AM, KirbyCollector said:

His foot seems at an odd angle, along with his bicep in the shadow. His forearm seems oddly long - I mean, I don't mean to be critical, but it just seems like a really off page for a Jim Lee piece. On the flipside, no shame to the buyer who locked in a Jim Lee piece for themselves (assuming it's not a dealer).

On 1/17/2023 at 4:04 PM, cloud cloddie said:

Those JRJr X-men pages went pretty low compared to the last batch. 

But did you really look at them?

Compared to the mediocre ones in the last batch these were even more lacking in images that would induce bidding. 

On 1/17/2023 at 4:10 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Personally holding dry powder for the better pages of 184 as they surface over the coming months... looks like the whole issue was consigned to CLink

The issue hasn't been complete since at least 2005. That's when I bought two pages from it. The inkers share got broken and sold then I believe.