• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee full page splash....only $15K?
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2023 at 2:12 PM, comix4fun said:

But did you really look at them?

Compared to the mediocre ones in the last batch these were even more lacking in images that would induce bidding. 

They weren’t top tier, but I didn’t think the ones that went for 7-12K last month were either. Seems like each coulda eked out another grand or two if it wasn’t a surprise short premium sale. 

On 1/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, cloud cloddie said:

They weren’t top tier, but I didn’t think the ones that went for 7-12K last month were either. Seems like each coulda eked out another grand or two if it wasn’t a surprise short premium sale. 

I agree with this- especially the Rachel vs Selene page- whoever got that one stole it 

On 1/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, cloud cloddie said:

The ones from last month were at least "pretty good". The ones that just sold were "pretty meh". 

That said, in this :screwy: market, I still expected prices to be higher on those JRJR X-pages. I don't know if the market is less stupid than I thought and made a rational differentiation on the basis of quality, or, probably more likely, that this auction just wasn't very well publicized and that contributed to the price gap (I only found out about it a day or two before myself). :fear: 

Edited by delekkerste

On 1/18/2023 at 9:24 AM, delekkerste said:

The ones from last month were at least "pretty good". The ones that just sold were "pretty meh". 

That said, in this :screwy: market, I still expected prices to be higher on those JRJR X-pages. I don't know if the market is less stupid than I thought and made a rational differentiation on the basis of quality, or, probably more likely, that this auction just wasn't very well publicized and that contributed to the price gap (I only found out about it a day or two before myself). :fear: 

I think a lot of folks had no idea about the recent Clink auction and yet again, I question why someone would consign with them?

On 1/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

I agree with this- especially the Rachel vs Selene page- whoever got that one stole it 

You just gotta do one of these to see them on the page....
189351609_SmSmall.thumb.jpg.b4c33b6b478618a3852ae728b30d4f92.jpg

On 1/18/2023 at 8:24 AM, delekkerste said:

There's a floor though, isn't there (or wasn't there). I mean, pages that people just pass on, or won't chase up for whatever reason.
You used to need characters in costume to get the auction juices flowing. Lately you just need the characters, but the right ones. 

These were the kind of pages people would pass on at $40-70 in 2005...and $500-600 in 2018. 
Lots of reasons to get one nice page for $10-15k instead of 2-3 pages with no main characters or maybe a single panel that jumps at you. 

On 1/17/2023 at 7:47 PM, cloud cloddie said:

I was specifically thinking of the $7-12k pages and recent sales too, when I looked at these most recent clink pages.
Having the floor for any JRJR X-men at $4-5k regardless of content, characters, full JRJR pencils, etc. is a 2023 phenomenon to be sure. Even December 2022 wouldn't have see that judging by the results. lol  

The "all-bikini" page from 185 with Rogue went for $14k but it's the "Rogue: Public Enemy" issue, she's in every panel and trying to control the storm powers she took from Storm. That's a page and  issue that gets lots of folks interested. 

This page for $9,000 in December is SO much more desirable. This one is really great. And I thought $9k was a pretty strong number for it. As that was, just a few months earlier, reserved for Wolverine or most of the team on the page, pages. 

60156038_X-men209.thumb.jpg.4894011576f76a668e84386d8c487d2c.jpg