• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Original Video Game Art Auction
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Heritage is having a special original video game art section with a live auctioneer this Friday (Jan 20, 2023). There are some awesome, historically significant pieces and also a wide range of entry-to-mid level pieces. Check it out!

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?Ns=Price|1&Ne=1896&N=6717+793+794+791+1893+792+2088+4294937837+6566&ic4=SortBy-071515

Edited by Jeremyamoto
Wrong link

And don't forget, there are comic book artists represented including a Jim Lee piece with Batman characters, Frank Cirocco pieces (who just had a page from Alien Legion 1 sell in the last comic art sale), Ken Macklin pieces (who did some Critters and Albedo covers), A Glenn Fabry (well known for his Preacher and Hellblazer work), a Kent Williams, etc.   

I hear there is a video with a handsome man named Jeremy on youtube about it also hm 

Edited by Bronty

On 1/18/2023 at 1:57 PM, Bronty said:

And don't forget, there are comic book artists represented including a Jim Lee piece with Batman characters, Frank Cirocco pieces (who just had a page from Alien Legion 1 sell in the last comic art sale), Ken Macklin pieces (who did some Critters and Albedo covers), A Glenn Fabry (well known for his Preacher and Hellblazer work), a Kent Williams, etc.   

I hear there is a video with a handsome man named Jeremy on youtube about it also hm 

Yes. I just saw the value of my Cirocco AL page jump about 15-fold. LOL! 

On 1/18/2023 at 12:57 PM, Bronty said:

My strategy was to thirst trap potential bidders.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:50 AM, Solar said:

Love that Bionic Commando piece! To me that's one of the more memorable NES boxes

To use Gene’s letter grade system, it’s a solid B for sure. 

On 1/20/2023 at 9:45 PM, -m said:

I’m not sure if the EQII screen was used, but I definitely feel the final price underperformed. A few bargains to be found. 
I’m happy with my result. :)

It was definitely used; I consigned it actually.    I have a jpg of the usage somewhere and if you google search you can find it as well.    Did you win it?    Congrats if so.   I was expecting more like 5 than 3 so I agree with your assessment.    I think the auction was a mixed bag; some results soft , some better than expected, some as expected.    My take is there’s a lot of newer collectors still figuring things out combined with a lot less play money for people right now making for some good/bad/indifferent results.      I think there were definitely some opportunities that people will look back on in a couple years. 

The two bigger lots definitely could have gone for more, but then again the Prince of Persia number was only beaten by two sealed games in the whole auction; the whole segment is down and the art has held up better than the games overall. 

I also think that people didn’t have the liquid reserves to attack the big lots.    I prepared somewhat and was able to scoop up the Bionic Commando.   

Edited by Bronty

On 1/20/2023 at 8:11 PM, cstojano said:

Cirocco perform as expected? I had no idea what to expect. Also was the Everquest 2 loading screen actually used?

I expected more like 60+ for both the bionic and the prince of Persia but I’m not complaining!

Edited by Bronty

On 1/21/2023 at 6:34 AM, Bronty said:

It was definitely used; I consigned it actually.    I have a jpg of the usage somewhere and if you google search you can find it as well.    Did you win it?    Congrats if so.   I was expecting more like 5 than 3 so I agree with your assessment.    I think the auction was a mixed bag; some results soft , some better than expected, some as expected.    My take is there’s a lot of newer collectors still figuring things out combined with a lot less play money for people right now making for some good/bad/indifferent results.      I think there were definitely some opportunities that people will look back on in a couple years. 

The two bigger lots definitely could have gone for more, but then again the Prince of Persia number was only beaten by two sealed games in the whole auction; the whole segment is down and the art has held up better than the games overall. 

I also think that people didn’t have the liquid reserves to attack the big lots.    I prepared somewhat and was able to scoop up the Bionic Commando.   

Man I wish I had asked you about this then. I could not find it on Google despite searching. Its a sweet piece of fantasy art. Congrats on the BC pickup. 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:03 AM, cstojano said:

Man I wish I had asked you about this then. I could not find it on Google despite searching. Its a sweet piece of fantasy art. Congrats on the BC pickup. 

Yeah that’s too bad particularly as I provided the load image to HA; but oh well.   It is what it is.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:14 PM, Bronty said:

Yeah that’s too bad particularly as I provided the load image to HA; but oh well.   It is what it is.

I too discounted the piece in my mind thinking it was only a prelim. I would have tried for it had I known.

I didn’t win the EQII but I expected it to land in the 7-10k range. General prices on Graciano work (non MTG) are typically 3-7k from what I have seen. For EQII, I would think higher.