• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Grade Is In!* PGM Batman 423
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Big question here I guess is how much the 1/8 color breaking corner crease on bottom right FC will hurt. Other noticeable issues are multiple spine ticks on front and back and some weird color rub thing on FC about mid-way down on left side of Batman's cape. Staples are offset a bit, but I didn't notice a roll so maybe a manufacturing thing? Anyway, I'll leave ya'll to it!

Batman1.jpg

Batman2.jpg

Batman3.jpg

Batman4.jpg

Batman5.jpg

Batman6.jpg

Batman7.jpg

Batman8.jpg

Batman9.jpg

Batman10.jpg

Batman11.jpg

Edited by Nsschenks

The CGC Guide is not terribly specific about creases. It says a crease can still be present in a 9.8, but I don't see that happen often (ever?). Given the length is short, and the only thing I see otherwise is some spine stress marks, I'll say 8.5–9.2, thinking a 9.0 is likely.

I agree, 8.5 to 9.0 and a 9.2 would not shock me. Definitely press it to minimize the appearance of that crease. My ASM 238 has a similar crease that when pressed was minimized greatly in terms of appearance. It also had some minor spine ticks and achieved a 9.0

Another one I missed. I guess that teaches me not to fall behind. I would have said 8.0.

Thanks for updated us with your grades.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:04 PM, JollyComics said:

CGC becomes MCS

The Iron First and this one perplex me. The IF seems like they went easy on it (albeit, what I thought were stains, they ID'd as foxing) and this one seems not to have gotten any breaks (shrug)  I guess this one is easier to rationalize. The corner crease is what it is, but the spine stress lines don't look bad to me. IMO this should have been an 8.5 

On 2/15/2023 at 10:41 PM, scburdet said:

The Iron First and this one perplex me. The IF seems like they went easy on it (albeit, what I thought were stains, they ID'd as foxing) and this one seems not to have gotten any breaks (shrug)  I guess this one is easier to rationalize. The corner crease is what it is, but the spine stress lines don't look bad to me. IMO this should have been an 8.5 

Yeah, I really thought I was gonna get roasted for the staining on IF14. Seemed fairly clear to me, especially some of the darkening on the bottom BC (front was a little more ambiguous), but I dunno I still struggle a lot with mid-grade stuff. I figured 8.0 was possible for this, but for IF I really thought 5.5 was the ceiling. I will, however, not complain lol.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:41 PM, scburdet said:

It looks like a dust shadow on the bottom edge FC.  Surprisingly, the grader note didn't mention it.