• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Grade Is In!* PGM Iron Fist 14
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Not the prettiest copy, but this is a key I've always wanted to own. Defects (that I see) include ink overspray on top middle of front and back covers (not sure how much that deducts), some foxing on back cover, some chipping on back cover (including tiny bit of upper left corner), spine ticks, and a weird discoloration on FC lower right (water damage?). The big one though (might be hard to see in scans) is maybe an 1/8 cut on the bottom right of the FC (about an inch over) and appears to go through the whole book. Maybe a razor cut? I don't really know, but I imagine it'll hurt the grade pretty bad. Will probably get a C&P at least to try and clean up the whites a bit and flatten the book out. Curious as to your thoughts!

IronFist1.jpg

IronFist2.jpg

IronFist3.jpg

IronFist4.jpg

IronFist5.jpg

IronFist6.jpg

IronFist7.jpg

IronFist8.jpg

IronFist9.jpg

IronFist10.jpg

IronFist11.jpg

IronFist12.jpg

IronFist13.jpg

Edited by Nsschenks

A slice is the same as a tear & I'm having trouble making out the dimensions of the stain, but this will be a significant demerit. Can you see the stain on the inside of the cover? Looks like some color rub/lift near SNOW WHITE. It's definitive that CGC hates stains & foxing. 5.0±0.5

Edited by scburdet

On 1/19/2023 at 5:28 PM, scburdet said:

A slice is the same as a tear & I'm having trouble making out the dimensions of the stain, but this will be a significant demerit. Can you see the stain on the inside of the cover? Looks like some color rub/lift near SNOW WHITE. It's definitely that CGC hates stains & foxing. 5.0±0.5

The stain doesn't appear on the inside of the cover. Dimensions look to be maybe 3/16 of an inch high and maybe twice that wide? Though yeah it's hard to tell. Thanks for the feedback! Mostly just hoping for a 5.0 so that's a positive assessment in my mind haha.

I've graded about 99.8% of the books that have come across this forum since I started participating in the summer of 2021. Unfortunately your book fell into the 0.2%. I don't know how I missed it but I did. Sorry. Had I not, I would have given it a 6.0.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:47 PM, grendelbo said:

I've graded about 99.8% of the books that have come across this forum since I started participating in the summer of 2021. Unfortunately your book fell into the 0.2%. I don't know how I missed it but I did. Sorry. Had I not, I would have given it a 6.0.

All good! I appreciate any feedback, and I'm sure it's easy to have a book or two fall through the cracks. I sometimes post very late at night as I work evenings lol.