• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven Seas 4 or 6 Which Do You Prefer?
4 4

102 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2023 at 9:10 AM, adamstrange said:

#4 has more sharks than #6. 

QED #4 = ^^

Interesting. #4 was also my favorite....until I saw your copy of #6. The colors on that book are ridiculous!

#4. By more than a little but #6 is awesome as well. Like Ruth and Gehrig.

I’d be shocked if the 9.2 at auction doesn’t reach 100K.

This book, and numerous other non-superhero books, are just getting started. 100K for this book is going to look cheap in a few years.

If a 4.0  3.0 Action 1 can fetch 500K 1.6 mil, and SA superhero books 1.0 mil or more , it seems only a matter of time before relatively rarer books from GGA/PCH/Sci-Fi genres, or key Baker/Cole/Frazetta books,  reach a quarter or half of these prices. 

Edited by whomerjay
someone made my argument even better

On 1/20/2023 at 12:29 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

If you don’t mind me wrapping a conundrum into an enigma, where does this one fit in?

FAD116C9-F2C2-49A9-8376-ABFF4FC4E39B.jpeg

16 > 4 > 6 

On 1/20/2023 at 1:34 PM, MrBedrock said:

Interesting. #4 was also my favorite....until I saw your copy of #6. The colors on that book are ridiculous!

The rainbow coloration of the waterfall is mighty purty.

I’ll go 6. The dark red at the top behind the title of 4 actually bothers me. Like, give me more artwork behind that title, which is what they did with 6. 

Both would be welcomed with open shark mouths into my collection should they ever swim into my feeding range. 

I love the rainbow water flowing over the side of the ship, and the figure on that woman is definitely one of Matt Baker’s best. But when I look at 6, all I can think of is Carmen Miranda. Besides, what is with that guy’s bicep. Shouldn’t it be elsewhere?

So for me it’s gotta be 4

D78418D7-2248-42A1-8E0C-A4BBE5E9F942.webp

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost