• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 232 Would this be green label or blue? Grade estimate?!
2 2

6 posts in this topic

That is a "remainder copy" and AFAIK will receive a Blue Label with a grade of PR 0.5.

Remainders - Comic books that "remain" unsold at the newsstand. In the past the top 1/4 to 1/3 of the cover (or in some cases the entire cover) was removed and returned to the publisher for credit. This practice is the reason many comics from 1936-1965 are sometimes found as coverless copies or 3/4 cover copies.

Reminder copies are books that retailers/newsstand owners removed the top 1/4 or 1/3 of the cover and sent that back to the distributor for credit for unsold books. From what I understand the retailer was supposed to dispose of the remaining comic book. I think this practice stopped when direct sales became a thing. (shrug)

I have 10 remainder copies in my 2000 book collection, they are a way to get expensive books at a much lower price.

The value will be determined by what book/issue it is and demand for said issue, I paid $45.00 for a remaindered X-Men 2 (1963) 15+ years ago and FMV is currently $200.00. (As per eBay sold auction prices in December 2022)

X-Men-2-PR-0-5-Remainder-Copy.jpg