• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Winter Featured Auction
3 3

68 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2023 at 10:11 PM, vodou said:

One of the very few times that word has been wholly appropriately used on this site.

sold almost 3 years ago when tons of high end doc pages/covers were auctioned on HA. went for 33.6k last time. i wonder how it does this time?

On 2/9/2023 at 10:42 PM, Dirtcheap31 said:

I know this has been discussed before but wow some deals on comic link at least I see them as deals a scottie young cover went for 350 bucks…. Feel bad for that seller

Cmon.... this variant cover was barely a con sketch... and if you can explain what it is, than good luck image.thumb.png.d08ab53a7e156d7eed22280170a5d388.png

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 2/10/2023 at 6:28 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Cmon.... this variant cover was barely a con sketch... and if you can explain what it is, than good luck image.thumb.png.d08ab53a7e156d7eed22280170a5d388.png

That's Scottie Young?....it doesn't seem to share the style that many of his popular and more expensive covers have. 

On 2/10/2023 at 7:28 AM, KirbyCollector said:

I'm a huge Skottie fan and I actually really like this piece and I agree 100%. It's a great pickup if you're a die hard Skottie fan, I think the price might have been a little low, but not much. I passed on this one since I was going after something else.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, artdisease said:

I'm a huge Skottie fan and I actually really like this piece and I agree 100%. It's a great pickup if you're a die hard Skottie fan, I think the price might have been a little low, but not much. I passed on this one since I was going after something else.

Yeah I was going to bid but forgot the auction was ending yesterday wish they would give texts that the auction is starting or if you have been outbid and yeah it’s not a great cover 

I'm seeing a lot of decent prices on Skottie Young art as of late. His Secret Wars Variant Cover #9 sold for $2101. I remember seeing that cover sale in Heritage a few months back for I think $3500+. Not sure why they decided to flip it right away. 

I added up the premium lots in the C-link auction that ended the other night. In seven and a half pages of “premium” art, the grand total was $231,130. The biggest - and most surprising to me - result in the premium was the Gary Kwapisz Punisher War Journal 57 Ghost Rider splash that sold for $9,855. It was an awesome splash, but, dang, that’s a Saltares/Texeira single-digit issue GR splash price.

Several pieces in the first half of the auction sold for two digits and some sold for as low as a buck each in the second half (the non-premium art auctions).

Edited by Michael Browning
I wanted to clarify that I meant a low-numbered GR issue (1-9), rather than someone getting confused and thinking Saltares/Texeira GR splashes sell for single digits.

On 2/12/2023 at 10:49 PM, Grant Turner said:

I had a few things in the c-link auction and a few in last week’s Heritage Wednesday 

my c-link stuff actually exceeded my expectations. Heritage however…

I’m glad to hear that about your C-link offerings because I really figured all the sellers except whoever sold the Ghost Rider splash were very regretful.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:23 AM, Michael Browning said:

I added up the premium lots in the C-link auction that ended the other night. In seven and a half pages of “premium” art, the grand total was $231,130. The biggest - and most surprising to me - result in the premium was the Gary Kwapisz Punisher War Journal 57 Ghost Rider splash that sold for $9,855. It was an awesome splash, but, dang, that’s a Saltares/Texeira single-digit issue GR splash price.

Several pieces in the first half of the auction sold for two digits and some sold for as low as a buck each in the second half (the non-premium art auctions).

In fact, the 737 lots sold for $297,221 (58 lots above $1000 and 195 below $100)... which makes a really weak average of $400 / lot!