• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 129
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Here is a tricky one. I know it is already graded... I want to send it in for a pressing to try to get the creases out.

What does scare me here is

1. the Graders note about the staple tear and the cover detaching 

2. It has a tape pull above the Marvel "Comics" in the middle of the front cover. So probably can't get much of boost

For me I want my comic to be as presentable as possible and I do love Custom labels. 

Any chance for a grade bump?

Grader Notes :

- moderate spine stress lines breaks color

- moderate wear all corners breaks color moderate

- multiple crease left bottom of back cover small

* multiple staple tear left top of front cover breaks color

Thanks for your opinion!

IMG_2454.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg

IMG_2456.jpeg

IMG_2457.jpeg

IMG_2458.jpeg

IMG_2459.jpeg

IMG_2460.jpeg

On 1/25/2023 at 4:13 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

It's already a weak 6.0 Most of those flaws aren't going away with a press and you risk more damage (staple tear,) so it might come back looking nicer but a grade lower. Worth the risk? Not in my opinion. 

Thanks that is what I was thinking I have a 5.0 1st Barbara gordon that looks much better than this 6.0. That one has a dog ear and am open to getting it pressed if they ever have Batman labels but this one I think I will pass. Staple tear is a scary note.

On 1/25/2023 at 3:38 PM, Devilla06 said:

Any chance for a grade bump?

I'm a no here too. All the notes are about color breaks and I believe two books I had CCS press had weaker staple attachments that came off. I think that's always a risk and even greater with a high throughput operation. Too much risk with minimal upside