• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLINK Processing and Shipping surprise!

19 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2023 at 10:39 AM, MAR1979 said:

Tues Night I purchased/"won" a few small items at ComicLink auction. Invoice was in my email's inbox early Wed morning. I paid online yesterday/Wed before I left for work. Package arrived today/Thursday at 9:30am!

Not sure if this was total luck or CLINK has improved their order processing and shipping operations?  While I'm not a fan of ANY of these auction houses I will give credit where credit is due, this experience was outstandingly great!  Not to mention one that is impossible with Heritage.

Josh - if this was due to improvements on your part then keep it up man!  Now you just need to bring your website out of the 1990's

You live down the street?

On 1/26/2023 at 11:29 PM, lizards2 said:

If you actually paid before the auction has ended, no wonder.

The shipping guys are all sitting around with nothing to do until the auction ends.

I sandbag until the chum rounds of the auction ends, and I get nasty-grams about check-out and payment.

I sometimes get my stuff before the next auction begins.

Similar situation here.  I pay by check, and the clock for shipping doesn't even begin until they receive the check, they deposit it, and it clears.  It's commonplace for the next auction to be live before my wins from the prior one arrive.

With that said, the books always do arrive, as do the checks for my consignment sales.

Edited by namisgr

On 1/27/2023 at 4:44 AM, Flanders82 said:

Did you also not have that effing sticker on the back!?!? I had 12 slabs delivered recently that fortunately were all missing them. 

Thankfully no stickers.  I've not bid on items in past because of that.  Hey Josh, if you read this, while it may seem solid business move it is not. To your customers the sticker is a true dee-bahg move!

On 1/26/2023 at 7:39 AM, MAR1979 said:

Now you just need to bring your website out of the 1990's

thats amazingly fast shipping. i have yet to receive anything from them faster than 3-4 weeks, so i hope it's improving across the board. 

as for their website, it blows my mind that people make this comment. compared to comicconnect, whose site uses much newer software (i'm told), comiclink loads about ten to twenty times quicker, images are better, and the organization is easy to understand. i'll take comiclink's site any day. please do not update it! just add pics of the backs of each slab-

Edited by alexgross.com

On 1/27/2023 at 3:59 AM, namisgr said:

Similar situation here.  I pay by check, and the clock for shipping doesn't even begin until they receive the check, they deposit it, and it clears.  It's commonplace for the next auction to be live before my wins from the prior one arrive.

With that said, the books always do arrive, as do the checks for my consignment sales.

Bob - I didn't realize you were still purchasing books?  I thought you cashed out years ago.

I don't know that I could ever just sell everything and stop collecting, since it has been pretty much a life-long endeavor for me.

On 1/27/2023 at 4:32 AM, MAR1979 said:

Thankfully no stickers.  I've not bid on items in past because of that.  Hey Josh, if you read this, while it may seem solid business move it is not. To your customers the sticker is a true dee-bahg move!

Chumley The Walrus – World Wide Walrus Web The stickers go in the trash nicely, just like the outer and inner wells?

On 1/27/2023 at 9:52 AM, lizards2 said:

Bob - I didn't realize you were still purchasing books?  I thought you cashed out years ago.

I don't know that I could ever just sell everything and stop collecting, since it has been pretty much a life-long endeavor for me.

I still have a collection of raw picture frame Marvels, about 270 of them.  On occasion I look to upgrade, and when winning a slab will crack the book out promptly on arrival.  Just like I used to do 20 years ago with the first slabs bought.

On 1/27/2023 at 8:21 AM, alexgross.com said:

thats amazingly fast shipping. i have yet to receive anything from them faster than 3-4 weeks, so i hope it's improving across the board. 

as for their website, it blows my mind that people make this comment. compared to comicconnect, whose site uses much newer software (i'm told), comiclink loads about ten to twenty times quicker, images are better, and the organization is easy to understand. i'll take comiclink's site any day. please do not update it! just add pics of the backs of each slab-

Yup, would like back cover images, and a way to add books you are interested in to a watch list.  Still don't think that is possible?

On 1/27/2023 at 7:32 AM, MAR1979 said:

Because of the sticker I bid 20 percent less vs other places. It's easy to remove but it's still a minute or 2 of my time. I haven't found a fast way to remove it without usually having scratches where the sticker was. Do a poll. No sticker would easily win. It's not even advertising. Most sellers remove the sticker before selling. 

Also is it just me or is it impossible to get a scratch free case from CL? It's hard to get one anywhere but CL cases all seem to have fine scratches all over the slab. Much more than books from anywhere else. I bid 30 percent less because of this. 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, alexgross.com said:

I love CL site. Can't remember any site changing and people liking the change. Keep everything the same except the sticker needs to go. 

On 2/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, Thisisrequired said:

Because of the sticker I bid 20 percent less vs other places.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, Thisisrequired said:

It's hard to get one anywhere but CL cases all seem to have fine scratches all over the slab. Much more than books from anywhere else. I bid 30 percent less because of this.

I fell like you probably don't win many auctions bidding 50% less than you would otherwise! :)

On 2/1/2023 at 6:04 PM, Kripsys99 said:

I fell like you probably don't win many auctions bidding 50% less than you would otherwise! :)

Only 30. Not 20 plus 30. Although I think I would still win a few hundred each month if I was at 50. I don't go after the mega keys or hot spec books.