• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solar #2 thoughts?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

6.5/7.0 seems about right b/c the black background makes the spine stress show more prominently than other colors. If the corners were in better shape, 7.5 would be more reasonable. I briefly forgot about the tear art on this cover and wondered how anyone could advertise anything greater than 0.5 with long tears like that lol

On 1/29/2023 at 8:27 AM, scburdet said:

6.5/7.0 seems about right b/c the black background makes the spine stress show more prominently than other colors. If the corners were in better shape, 7.5 would be more reasonable. I briefly forgot about the tear art on this cover and wondered how anyone could advertise anything greater than 0.5 with long tears like that lol

Yeah I looked at some 7.5's on Heritage that sold and this was close to that.  Looked better than the 6.5 I saw.  But close enough.  I can't find a 8.5 or higher of this book anywhere.  Fun.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:55 AM, pemart1966 said:

I noticed that too but I thought that it was something  embedded in your photo. doh!

Maybe a pedigree stamp?  I don't know either way the grade is too rough for what I want.  I already have a reader.