• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Movie Comics #1
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Another +75 year old that looks way better than it has any right to. I do see some possible issues on the outer corners. Would like to see some crisper photos since the enlargements aren't sharp. Definitely looks like there's some fade in the red of the title. It's hard for me to know how much to penalize for fade in a book this age, and red seems to be the most susceptible to it. I'm gonna guess 9.0/9.2, perhaps higher as a GA (tops in the census looks like 9.4), maybe lower if those corners are worse than I think from the photos.

On 1/29/2023 at 12:16 PM, scburdet said:

Would like to see some crisper photos since the enlargements aren't sharp.

I've noticed that when I download photos that they lose sharpness. Hope these photos help.

20230129_123712.jpg

20230129_123705.jpg

20230129_123721.jpg

20230129_123729.jpg

On 1/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, fast eddie said:

where are you finding these books? They are beauties!

I live a couple of hours away from any major cities so I'm usually scouring Ebay, hipcomic, and mercari for the best deals I can find. Also, learning how to properly grade a book has really been a plus in finding hidden gems.

On 1/29/2023 at 9:04 PM, Mars76 said:

I live a couple of hours away from any major cities so I'm usually scouring Ebay, hipcomic, and mercari for the best deals I can find. Also, learning how to properly grade a book has really been a plus in finding hidden gems.

Well done my friend,,,,,, you are building an impressive collection indeed!