• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Action Comics #340

11 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2023 at 7:29 PM, scburdet said:

4.0/4.5. The creasing along the spine is not immediately obvious, but when you zoom in there's quite a bit.

Thank you for your observations and grade.

My understanding from reading the CGC webpages on CSS Pressing, is that a c/p would remove "non-color-breaking spine stress". Given that the stress marks were initially hard to see at first glance, would this comic be a good canidate for c/p? Thanks!

On 1/31/2023 at 4:51 PM, juniperpt said:

"non-color-breaking spine stress"

these clearly break color, so there's a limit to what pressing can achieve. Flattening things out might make it look a little better (or get non-color breaking creases that aren't obvious in photos), but they can't be fixed. 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:19 PM, scburdet said:

these clearly break color, so there's a limit to what pressing can achieve. Flattening things out might make it look a little better (or get non-color breaking creases that aren't obvious in photos), but they can't be fixed. 

Revised my grade above.  The spine stress is worse than I originally noticed.  Also agree that most break color and can't be fixed.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:19 PM, scburdet said:

Got it. Thanks for your insights!

On 1/31/2023 at 7:25 PM, mrlatko said:

Revised my grade above.  The spine stress is worse than I originally noticed.  Also agree that most break color and can't be fixed.

Thanks for updating your grade. Unfortunate to have that spine stress, but it is what it is.