• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Winter Edition (#5) Round 1 results
2 2

10 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2023 at 12:52 PM, zzutak said:

Mike-1.jpg.7f715ea814947c314f0f74d2f9dfdc69.jpg

• Book #05 (Transformers #1):  Yet another easy book for the Board as a whole, with 21% of the contestants at the same grade as CGC and 67% within one grade increment of CGC.  Collectively, the Board, once again, agreed with CGC (9.0 vs 9.0).  (worship)

It's interesting, I looked again at the Transformer's book because my ego was still telling me this was a harder book.  I see 61 overgrades vs. 23 undergrades, which looks like the greatest disparity, with the exception of the Batman book, where there were 22 overgrades vs. 65 undergrades.  But the "average" grade still comes out right at about 9.0 because the overgrades come in increments of .2, whereas the undergrades are in increments of .5.  

Well, I thought it was interesting....

Batman #2                        1.8  

Mystery in Space #53       7.5  

Amazing Spider-Man #9    2.5   

Blackthorne  3-D  #75       9.0 

Transformers #1               9.6

I should have nowhere to go but up, after the first round that is. :blush:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

On 1/31/2023 at 3:16 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Batman #2                        1.8  

Mystery in Space #53       7.5  

Amazing Spider-Man #9    2.5   

Blackthorne  3-D  #75       9.0 

Transformers #1               9.6

I should have nowhere to go but up, after the first round that is. :blush:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If it helps....

I put 7.5 on mystery in space as well. :cheers:

Under graded 1st book by a grade.

Over graded the next two books by 2 grades, so a total of 5.

Then bulls eyed the last two. :whee:

Dang, no bullseyes for me this time. I was too stingy, went under on most of them. Only .5 away on three of them (Batman and ASM at 2.5, Blackthorne at 7.5), I was tight on the MIS, I went back and forth on 5.0 or 5.5, ended up being conservative with a 5.0, so I was way off on that one. I had Transformers at a 9.4. I actually waffled on that one for a bit, started at 9.0, then 9.2, then 9.4, then back again. Settled on 9.4 because I thought I'd try to be optimistic, shoulda known it would bite me!

Anyway, it was a fun round! And you guys should buy from me, as I apparently undergrade in the low and mid grades! 

Wow 4th I’ll take it… going to enjoy the name near the top while it lasts lol… next round I’m sure it will be near the bottom lol