• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - FF #73

5 posts in this topic

All things considered, the white here looks pretty good at least compared to some white covers I own from the same era. I see a short 1/4"-1/2" tear below the torch, and some light oxidation of paper (I don't think this is foxing, but wouldn't put $$$ on my analysis). 7.5/8.0. I could see an 8.5 if cleaning lightened up the white just a little.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:10 PM, scburdet said:

All things considered, the white here looks pretty good at least compared to some white covers I own from the same era. I see a short 1/4"-1/2" tear below the torch, and some light oxidation of paper (I don't think this is foxing, but wouldn't put $$$ on my analysis). 7.5/8.0. I could see an 8.5 if cleaning lightened up the white just a little.

Your grade is very encouraging. So far this is the highest grade of all the comics I've posted. My comics were never bought for collecting, but for reading.  And somehow I have held on to them over the years.  Again, thank you for your time and comments!