• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Studios' BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD movie (2025?)

28 posts in this topic

While details beyond that are basically scarce, DC Studios co-CEOs James Gunn and Peter Safran have teased that the film might feature other characters from the larger "Bat-family."

"This is the introduction of the DCU's Batman..." Gunn explained. "This is the story of Damian Wayne, who is Batman's actual son who we didn't know existed for the first eight to 10 years of his life. He was raised as a little murderer and assassin. He's a little son of a :censored: . He's my favorite Robin. It's based on the Grant Morrison comic book's run, which is one of my favorite Batman runs, and we are putting that all together right now."

"And this is obviously a feature film, and it's going to feature other members of the extended 'Bat-family', just because we feel like they've been left out of the Batman stories in the theater for far too long," Safran added.

Interested in this but man it sucks we won't get a young Grayson (his first name got flagged on here) and his transition to Nightwing (so many great stories about that).  I also have a good idea that they're going to shaft Tim and he won't be in the movie or mentioned.   

Edited by thegiftedone45
Got flagged for Nightwing's name

I think this is brilliant if it is like the comic, a Batman teamup focused movie with 4-6 small chapters where Batman & Robin interact with other DC characters, engage different DC heroes and team up as the story progresses and end with Batman & Robin taking on the bad guy behind it all. They can introduce 4 or more heroes in one movie, tell brief compelling stories and then move on with Batman to another hero. Or heroine as it may be. I would hope there are NO Batman universe characters and instead they use it for world building. They could even use Keanu as Constantine as prelude to that movie (if that is not an elseworlds). But Batman & Robin interact/teamup with, say, Orion & Big Barda, Phantom Stranger, Deadman & Flash (yeah, you know Flash is in here somewhere) in one movie, that works for me. Batman explains to Robin who the people they are meeting are, telling us in the process. Or maybe Jimmy Olsen, Swamp Thing, Zatanna and full on Legion of Super Heroes.

Anyway, good to even contemplate these things.

I guess if you're going to attach Raimi's name to something DC, it better be Batman. With the drama behind both Spider-Man 3 and DS2, I'm not even sure if he would be a good fit, as it's hard to tell what's his and what's the studios'. I did enjoy the horror aspects in DS2, and I know that's Raimi, but it still could be a bad trade-off.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:50 AM, johnenock said:

After that announcement, I hope everyone has all their Bats family first appearances. Speculators are going to ramp up the markets on Cassandra Cain, Oracle, Batwoman, Failsafe, Punchline etc. We already know Gunn reads current books like Supergirl by Tom King.

I’m finding every first appearance of Harold I can and cornering the market!

While speaking to Narcity Canada's Senior global editor, Josh K. Elliott, on Twitter, Muschietti was asked what kind of spin he would want to put on the Dark Knight if he took his Batman in a "Brave and Bold direction." This came after Elliot pointed out that the director had inherited both Tim Burton and Zack Snyder's Batmen. Muschietti cryptically replied, "Oh, that's... I don't think I can talk to that...yet." It should be noted that there is currently no official word regarding Muschietti or anyone else directing The Brave and the Bold.