• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**STOLEN CGC** - SIKTC #1 CGC SS 9.8 Frison Virgin Variant

21 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm alerting as many people as I can regarding a CGC which was stolen from me on February 4th. While I don't expect it to be found I'm hoping to cover as many social media platforms in case I get lucky. It's a SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #1 CGC SS 9.8 Frison Unlocked Variant signed by James Tynion and Werther Dell'Edera. I was in the midst of selling it when the person simply took off with it and got away. The CGC serial number is 2734200002. If you do come across this item (on eBay, Facebook Marketplace, etc) I would be grateful if you contacted me or the person who unknowingly purchased it. My user name is Ankeg79 or you can contact CGC directly to find out who originally submitted the book for grading (that would be me). I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

20221203_205354.jpg

20221203_205407.jpg

On 2/5/2023 at 5:51 PM, ankeg79 said:

Hello. I'm alerting as many people as I can regarding a CGC which was stolen from me on February 4th. While I don't expect it to be found I'm hoping to cover as many social media platforms in case I get lucky. It's a SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #1 CGC SS 9.8 Frison Unlocked Variant signed by James Tynion and Werther Dell'Edera. I was in the midst of selling it when the person simply took off with it and got away. The CGC serial number is 2734200002. If you do come across this item (on eBay, Facebook Marketplace, etc) I would be grateful if you contacted me or the person who unknowingly purchased it. My user name is Ankeg79 or you can contact CGC directly to find out who originally submitted the book for grading (that would be me). I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

20221203_205354.jpg

20221203_205407.jpg

Ugh that sucks.  Such an awesome book

Actually, it was stolen by an older person (male) - in their late 30's. That's why it came as a shock. It's sad that people, these days, feel it necessary to resort to this. And no, there were no cameras. 

On 2/6/2023 at 10:45 PM, ankeg79 said:

Actually, it was stolen by an older person (male) - in their late 30's. That's why it came as a shock. It's sad that people, these days, feel it necessary to resort to this. And no, there were no cameras. 

Wow. That would be a shock. 

Well, commit the person's description to memory.  Put up a poster about the incident as someone may have seen them

Hopefully the thief's own stupidity will bring them undone.

Thank you thehumantorch. It's not the end of the world if I don't recover the book. It's just a bunch of colored pages sealed in a plastic case. Someone actually wanted to risk their life/career/reputation over it. I find that crazy.

I'm not posting any contact info other than my own. I had this item for sale on Kijiji and met with this person at a neutral location. After a pleasant verbal exchange he just switched his attitude and took off with the book until I lost track of him. I've contacted the police.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:36 PM, ankeg79 said:

I'm not posting any contact info other than my own. I had this item for sale on Kijiji and met with this person at a neutral location. After a pleasant verbal exchange he just switched his attitude and took off with the book until I lost track of him. I've contacted the police.

Wow, I know Kijiji is like Craigslist but I don't do Craigslist. It's unsafe.  I am sorry it happened to you but I am happy you are physically ok.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:21 AM, World Devourer said:

Very unfortunate.

I'm guessing by the item it was a younger person?

Did this happen anywhere near street cameras?

With some detective work you may yet retrieve the item.

What makes you think it was a younger person?  Guessing by the item?  I’m in my 50’s and this is the primary title I’m collecting.

Edited by BladeTX
Typo

On 2/6/2023 at 5:36 PM, ankeg79 said:

This happened on Kijiji in Mississauga? DM incoming