• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A large book page submission.
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out the largest size case CGC has, and if it would accommodate a large page removed form a book. I'm trying to get a single page from a book encapsulated. The page in question measures approximately 12 ¼  by 9 ¼ inches. In 1936 a German cigarette company published a book and had  photo cards you could mail away for to insert into the book like a scrap book. These cards had Olympic athletes including Jesse Owens. Many consider these cards as his rookie card. They have been graded by Beckett and PSA. The problem is that once they've been glued into to book, its impossible to remove them without damaging them. So I'm looking to see if CGC can encapsulate a page with Jesse Owens on it, like they have done with pages from Amazing Fantasy #15 and Batman #1. Am I out of luck? Is the page too big?

Olyimpic Jesse page wirh card.jpeg

Edited by boston collectibles
grammatical

On 2/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, steveinthecity said:

It seems the max page dimension CGC will encapsulate is 11 1/2 x 8 7/8.  
Some info here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/collectibles-that-are-not-encapsulated/

This info includes Concert Posters up to 23x30 too. 🤔So... Well, it may not be able to get encapsulated in a traditional hard plastic case, I'd think they could still cut to size the plastic holder for the posters for this page. Yes? 😬

On 2/7/2023 at 3:01 PM, boston collectibles said:

I'm trying to figure out the largest size case CGC has, and if it would accommodate a large page removed form a book. I'm trying to get a single page from a book encapsulated. The page in question measures approximately 12 ¼  by 9 ¼ inches. In 1936 a German cigarette company published a book and had  photo cards you could mail away for to insert into the book like a scrap book. These cards had Olympic athletes including Jesse Owens. Many consider these cards as his rookie card. They have been graded by Beckett and PSA. The problem is that once they've been glued into to book, its impossible to remove them without damaging them. So I'm looking to see if CGC can encapsulate a page with Jesse Owens on it, like they have done with pages from Amazing Fantasy #15 and Batman #1. Am I out of luck? Is the page too big?

Olyimpic Jesse page wirh card.jpeg

Pretty cool item... (thumbsu

After you've checked the links for the CGC website provided above that provide the specific dimensions of what they can slab, if you still have specific questions you should consider contacting CGC customer service.  This seems like a pretty specific item and even if the general public has some helpful advice I don't think I'd submit it either way without contacting them first.

good luck.