• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade My 25 Cent Giant Hulk 145

18 posts in this topic

No tear on the back cover, it's just a bit of black ink from the ad. So far I'm surprised as I think you guys are really missing the boat on this one. But keep the grades coming and thanks.

Remember that this comic is a giant, and the wear you think you see at the spine is just the staples indentions that are present on all copies.

Also remember that the spines on these books have a ridge due to the nature of production.

The handling issue at the LLFC is very very slight.

8.0-8.5. Looking at the back first, I got a 9+ impression but that disappeared when I looked at the front. So, I would lean to 8.0. Too bad the front is black. The spine wear and scuffing at the top right of front cover really stands out. I bet the pages are white too, eh? Really nice book.

8.0-8.5. Looking at the back first, I got a 9+ impression but that disappeared when I looked at the front. So, I would lean to 8.0. Too bad the front is black. The spine wear and scuffing at the top right of front cover really stands out. I bet the pages are white too, eh? Really nice book.

There's no "scuffing" on the top right corner??? I'm assuming you meant left corner. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm guessing that this will have to stay in my collection until someone can hold it in their hands to see the condition.

I consider myself a pretty tough grader as well. Rose colored glasses I guess.

Well, what did you grade it at?

Sadly,

The rose colored glasses on full tint said 9.4 while holding the book.

The scan made me reconsider to 9.2+, but I'd still say no lower than 9.0 and possibly higher. Most if not all of the visual impacts are production related.

It's kinda embarrasing to get so gushy over a book and have everyone else just hammer it. 893whatthe.gif

I really don't know how anyone could consider this in the 8.0 range insane.gif, but unless you're holding it, you wouldn't understand. It's a tough black cover and very unforgiving even with respect to production visuals.

Lesson learned, don't ask unless you want to hear the answer. thumbsup2.gif