• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #101 cgc 9.8 is back on comiclink

35 posts in this topic

Sorry man...but that used to be my copy! Sold it for $4,500! cool.gif

BTW, are you sure about the $950. There's no way that book would have sold for sold less on eBay last year!

then why isn't Ms Marvel #13(?), the first appearance of Mystique a key (hey she was in the movie along with Sabretooth and has figured as prominently in the comics)?

Why do you say it isn't a key? A book does not have to be high dollar to be a key.

Yeah, it stayed static at about $600 and was sniped at $975! CGC and the hype was all new to me at the time, and I was quite happy with over 1000% profit! Now I look back and feel abused frown.gif

You guys forget that this CGC 9.8 madness is a relatively new trend, and previously, CGC 9.8's were not fetching the totally insane prices they are now.

And just as an FYI, I predicted this long ago, as well as the eventual collapse that soon follows. And no, I don't revel in always being right. grin.gif

Well, he must have put up that book prior to last year because there's no logical way that his copy would have sold for so low during the Spidey movie hype. Hell, I got my money after the movie ran for a few months! wink.gif

Yes.. the legend continues!

I always felt there was something up with ASM 148, as I've seen tons of ASM collections and #148 is often missing. I'm not sure if there were distribution problems for that month, or it's all one massive conspiracy, but there does seem to be less of that particular issue out there, compared to the surrounding ones.

I've been looking for a NM+ copy of #148 for a while. To be honest, aside from #136, ASM #148 is easily my favourite Spidey cover. There was always "something" about that cover......it reminds me of the events from ASM 121-122. I don't know about you guys, but I miss GWEN STACY..

Sadly enough I had a solid NM copy of 148, but at the time I didn't realize the yellow near the bottom was actually part of the cover colors. It looks identical to yellow highlighter so I got rid of it as a VF. And then a couple months later I saw a few mid-grade ones at a shop and they had same yellow colors. Boy, did that make me feel great. mad.gif

Brian

Boy, did that make me feel great.

Bet you saiud to yourself "Dagnabbit!"

Sucky way to learn but at least you learned but probably too late so still sucky way to learn. But all part of the experience. I bet many if not all of us have similar tales of terror so you be in good (good?) company! smile.gif

but on the plus side - I bet if you happen upon a similar defect you will do some perusing first? So in the long run it will be a good thing.