• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny X-Men #108

19 posts in this topic

Im going to be very generous and give it a 9.0 due to the crease in the upper right corner, some spine stresses on the front and back and is that just a light soil line on the bottom back or is that a crease? If its a crease then your looking at an 8.0.

thats not a crease on top of FC or bottom of BC, just a scratch on FC, no break inside the cover. (should have pointed that out before posting)

thats not a crease on top of FC or bottom of BC, just a scratch on FC

In this location, it really doesn't matter. Both still break color on the front cover, and are easily visible to the naked eye. You're gonna get knocked down either way.

i'm not going to mess with the book as it will stay in my collection unless i get alot nicer one then someone else can clean it. thanks for the opinions on it. I will call it an 8.0

Another term ive heard used but have no idea about is "cleaning a book". I guess i have no idea how to press, wash, spin, rinse, and dry a comic. Does this make me naive or just a good person? angel.gif

Probably both 27_laughing.gif

btw, "cleaning" refers to none of the practices you mentioned. grin.gif

Another term ive heard used but have no idea about is "cleaning a book". I guess i have no idea how to press, wash, spin, rinse, and dry a comic. Does this make me naive or just a good person? angel.gif

Cleaning if really just (from my understanding) carefully detaching the cover from the book and immersing it in a chemical solvent (this can completely kill a book as well if done incorrectly).